Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows path in linux

Hi All
    I am trying to run the BLRussound plugin on Pi (Linux). It doesn't work. Turned on debugging, and I see that there is a windows-style path for it to find the hspi_BLRussound.ini file. The first part is linux style with forward slash, and the second part is windows style ('\'\). I don't see a way to change this--I think it needs to be reworked in the plugin... This is in the Build_Controller_Dictionary() call.
    from the log:

v2.0.119.0 - Build_Controller_Dictionary(): ERROR - Caught this exception - Could not find file "/usr/local/HomeSeer
    \Config\hspi_BLRussound.ini"

Thanks!

Try 2.0.120 in the updater
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks--worked and now it is correctly saving controller.
      But--still not working. Next question is what the device name should be. My serial port is /dev/tty0. should i have '0' as the port or tty0 or something else?
      Thanks!

Comment

Com port should be /dev/tty0 if that is what it is
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

I don't believe /dev/tty0 is going to be a serial port for most if not all Linux builds...
          What is the physical interface? If its USB, the device would be something like /dev/ttyUSB0.
          If this is a raspberry pi and you are connecting directly thru the GPIO pins, the device may be /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyAMA0.

EDIT: make that defininte - seems that /dev/tty0 maps to /dev/console which is usually the HDMI display/USB keyboard...

Comment

Thanks!
            I updated it to /dev/ttyUSB0 which seems to be valid device (I am using USB to rs232 on a raspberry pi).
            I rebooted the pi to fully restart homeseer, but no luck.
            I do still get this error in the detailed log (no error reported in the homeseer log)
            01/04/2017 08:46:39:070 PM : v2.0.120.0 - Verify_All_Controller_Homeseer_Devices_For_Source_Have_Contr ols(): processTheZone --> Fa
            lse
            01/04/2017 08:46:39:070 PM : v2.0.120.0 - Verify_All_Controller_Homeseer_Devices_For_Source_Have_Contr ols() finished
            01/04/2017 08:46:41:073 PM : v2.0.120.0 - Homeseer_Started_Check(): ERROR - Caught this exception - Could not resolve type with token 0100006a
            01/04/2017 08:46:46:074 PM : v2.0.120.0 - Is_Homeseer_Started() started
            01/04/2017 08:46:46:080 PM : v2.0.120.0 - Is_Homeseer_Started(): homeseerStarted --> True
            01/04/2017 08:46:46:080 PM : v2.0.120.0 - Is_Homeseer_Started() started

This error repeats about every 17 seconds.

Ideas?

Comment

OK try this:

1. Disable BLRussound
              2. Edit the hspi_BLRussound.ini file and change debugLevel=true and save the INI file
              3. Re-enable BLRussound

Let it run for a minute and then turn off debug logging on the plugin options page

Attach the BLRussound-Detailed.log file zipped
              It will be in the HS3 root folder

BTW, what do you get if you run this in Linux:

Code:
              dmesg | grep tty
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

dmesg gives me this:
                [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: dma.dmachans=0x7f35 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=752 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=448 bcm2709.boardrev=0xa01041 bcm2709.serial=0x75dac23 smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:5D:AC:23 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1 bcm2709.uart_clock=48000000 bcm2709.disk_led_gpio=47 bcm2709.disk_led_active_low=0 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3dc00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x3f000000 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait
                [ 0.001514] console [tty1] enabled
                [ 0.093593] 3f201000.uart: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x3f201000 (irq = 87, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
                [ 3.455728] systemd[1]: Starting system-getty.slice.
                [ 3.463553] systemd[1]: Created slice system-getty.slice.
                [ 6.377707] usb 1-1.2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
                [ 6.388819] usb 1-1.3.4: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB1

will send debug log--

Comment

Here is the log file
                  Attached Files

Comment

I see this error which is stopping the plugin from fully initializing:

ERROR - Caught this exception - Could not resolve type with token 0100006a

This seems to point to an issue with mono
                    Have you installed the complete mono package?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Hi
                      I used the image from HS, which seems to have it installed. It seems like I have 4.0.2.5 installed, but when I tried to do mono-complete, that is just version 3.2.8. Do I need to uninstall and bild from scratch or ???
                      Thx

Comment

OK--a little sleuthing--sounds like debian doesn't update mono much, so added another repo, and that had up-to-date mono:
                        sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
                        echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
                        sudo apt-get update

Then did:
                        sudo apt-get install mono-complete mono-vbnc

That looks to be version 4.6.2.16 . Hope that is backward compatible...

But no joy... Rebooted the pi just in case. Still get the same error.

Comment

Hmmm I have not seen this error before
                          I am not sure what exactly is causing it in the code
                          I am going to put in some more debug logging and then post a new build
                          I will let you know shortly
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Try 2.0.122 and capture the same debug log
                            Delete the old debug log first
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Here is the file. Thanks for your help!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X