Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want use BLSpeech, But How To Accomplish My Goal For Whole House Speaking Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want use BLSpeech, But How To Accomplish My Goal For Whole House Speaking Filter

Hi Blade, I have a whole house audio setup with HomeSeer connected to speak status updates thought the entire house. I want to do much of what your plugin does (run an event to set the zones on my HTD audio controller before speaking, etc.)

One problem that I cannot see how to accomplish is to use a "filter" to limit what things are spoken. I want to be able to set some kind of numerical level (say 1 - 5) in the Special Processing Tags for each message that will be spoken then have BLSpeech check if the level is below a set filter before it is spoken. Here is a use case.

Today I have HomeSeer announce when any entry door is opened or closed. Lets say this is a low importance message so I set it to a level 5.
    I also have HomeSeer announce when there is smoke detected at one of the sensors and this is obviously a very high importance message as I set it a level 1.

I would like the be able to tell BLSpeech to filter messages lets say that were a 3 or above and only play level 1 and 2 messages. That way if it is bed time or there is a party, not ALL messages are played, just those that are of a certain importance level.

Is this possible?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Could you use your level values as event conditions?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Michael thanks... First question is how do you pass the level values into the plugin (there is no support for those that I know of). Second, I would then have to make my own event conditions to speak or not speak based on the levels (if I could pass those) hence negating the use of the BLSpeech pluging. What I was wanting was the BLSpeech proxy to filter the speak commands based on the concept of a level that is passed into the speak command through what Blade is calling the "Special Processing Tags" and then have the plugin speak it or not based on the current filter level.

Today the plugin has the notion of priority that can be set to (alert, high and normal) but these only seem to impact what to do with the speech while the plugin in is set away.

Does what I want to accomplish make sense?
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
        . . . how do you pass the level values into the plugin
        I was thinking you could invoke the "filter" at the HS event level, outside the Speech plug-in.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I just want to thank Blade! He is the man! He updated BLSpeech with EXACTLY the functionality I was looking for!!! It now supports a "filterlevel" tag that can be set from 1 to 99 you can set the filter level in the plug-in and have it no speak those messages that are above the level you set! I can now setup everything to be spoken but with various filter levels and then tune the filter based on the circumstances!

Thanks so much Blade!!!
          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Working...
          X