Always have to restart plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always have to restart plugin

I have 2 events created one that mutes when HS speaks and one that unmute when HS is done speaking. The mute event pictured below. When I first set it up I manually triggered the speak event and the TV's muted and unmuted as expected. Next morning when my speak event triggered it muted when HS started speaking however instantly unmuted. I restarted the plugin, did another manual test and it worked. Next morning when my speak event triggered the TV's didn't mute at all. Tried manual trigger the event but TV's were not muting. Restarted the plugin again and it work. It appears I have it configure correctly since it work when the plugin is restarted. . Why would it stop working after a while? Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1322988

That is strange
    Can you capture me 2 debug logs.

One when restarting the plugin and then see if you can capture one when the morning one runs

Attach them zipped so I can see what is going on

Make sure you do this first before capturing debug logs

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-debug-logging
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I changed the .ini file. Were is the log file? I enabled debug, ran a few test but can seem to find the log file.

Comment

It is in the HS3 root folder
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Here you go. If you look around 10:20 I manually ran morning announcement. It didn't mute or unmute. Restarted the plugin and re ran the event and this time it muted but didn't unmute.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see a trigger being executed

08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck() started
            08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck(): triggerName --> HomeSeer Starts Speaking
            08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck(): TrigsToCheck.Length --> 1
            08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck(): * processing trigger (evref: 38;TANumber: 9;SubTANumber: -1;UID: 7480)
            08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck(): ** Trigger (HomeSeer Starts Speaking) was EXECUTED!!!
            08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck(): numberOfTriggersExecuted --> 1
            08-27-2019 10:23:12:800 PM : v2.0.76.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerCheck() finished

I will test this myself once I am home today
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

The trigger executed at 10:23. That was after restarting the plugin and the TV was muted, however unmute didn't run. At 10:21 before plugin restart HS spoke and there was no muting.

Comment

What triggers the unmute to run?
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

See screenshot. And the mutes are toggle so it's not sending unmute but mute. In HS log the mute event showed up but not the unmute. In my preliminary testing both mute and unmute was working
                  Attached Files

Comment

You are muting them in the stops speaking event - is that right?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I have to events. Screen shots below. One triggered when HS starts to speak and one that triggers when HS stops speaking. Both events send the same "mute" command because both my tv's mute/unmute are toggle so sending the same command should first mute it and then unmute. In preliminary test both events were successfully triggering an muting tv when HS started speaking and unmuting when HS stopped speaking.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is odd - I will test that at home and see what I see
                        Are you using the latest build of the plugin?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Version 2.0.76.0

Comment

Working...
                          X