Get Speech while AWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Speech while AWAY

I would like to obtain the Speech when SpeakProxy is away. I saw a similar thread that looked promising: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...57807-question,
    however it does not work when SpeakProxy is away. I have tried all available triggers and actions with no success. I even tried parsing the activity log, but it also does not log any text if SpeakProxy = AWAY. I also tried Queue Mode both Discard and Queue, but see no way to access what's in the Queue (the last entry). I tried to do the same with MUTE/Not MUTED, but ran into the same issue of no text available.

Basically if I set SpeakProxy to AWAY, I'd like whatever *would* be spoken to be sent to Pushover (a phone notification). So I need a way to have the last spoken text retrievable.

Am I missing something? Seems like it should be possible with all these configuration options.
    Mike

The Tasker plugin can do that.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      The Tasker plugin can do that.

Eman.
      I took a quick look at this plugin. Can I use it soley as a speak proxy on HS3 computer w/o having an Andriod? I'm an IOS user, not sure how this works without an Android. The docs are a bit thin so it's not clear.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
        I would like to obtain the Speech when SpeakProxy is away. I saw a similar thread that looked promising: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...57807-question,
        however it does not work when SpeakProxy is away. I have tried all available triggers and actions with no success. I even tried parsing the activity log, but it also does not log any text if SpeakProxy = AWAY. I also tried Queue Mode both Discard and Queue, but see no way to access what's in the Queue (the last entry). I tried to do the same with MUTE/Not MUTED, but ran into the same issue of no text available.

Basically if I set SpeakProxy to AWAY, I'd like whatever *would* be spoken to be sent to Pushover (a phone notification). So I need a way to have the last spoken text retrievable.

Am I missing something? Seems like it should be possible with all these configuration options.
        Let me check into this for you and let you know
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

You could use the event trigger for BLSpeech that is called BLSpeech: Normal Priority Message is Queued to run a script
          I would then need to add a scripting call to return the last queued message

I am thinking something like this:

Code:
          Dim lastMessageQueued As String  = hs.PluginFunction("BLSpeech, "", "LastQueuedMessage", Nothing)
          Thoughts?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            You could use the event trigger for BLSpeech that is called BLSpeech: Normal Priority Message is Queued to run a script
            I would then need to add a scripting call to return the last queued message

I am thinking something like this:

Code:
            Dim lastMessageQueued As String = hs.PluginFunction("BLSpeech, "", "LastQueuedMessage", Nothing)
            Thoughts?
            That sounds perfect! Thank you for such a quick response!
            Mike

Comment

I have uploaded the new plugin to the updater - I will let u know once it is available
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I have uploaded the new plugin to the updater - I will let u know once it is available
                Thank you Bob! Your awesome support is just another reason why I have so many Blade plugins!
                Mike

Comment

There is an issue with the updater beta uploads and I have informed HomeSeer of this

In the meantime, here is a link to the plugin EXE that I have zipped up

http://www.bladeplugins.com/betas/HSPI_BLSpeech.zip

Do the following:

1. Disable BLSpeech
                  2. Make sure the HSPI_BLSpeech.exe is not running (if it is then kill it)
                  3. Backup the existing HSPI_BLSpeech.exe in your HS3 root folder
                  4. Unzip the new HSPI_BLSpeech.exe from the above link to your HS3 root folder
                  4. Restart BLSpeech

Let me know how that works out
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

There is an issue with the updater beta uploads and I have informed HomeSeer of this

In the meantime, here is a link to the plugin EXE that I have zipped up

http://www.bladeplugins.com/betas/HSPI_BLSpeech.zip

Do the following:

1. Disable BLSpeech
                    2. Make sure the HSPI_BLSpeech.exe is not running (if it is then kill it)
                    3. Backup the existing HSPI_BLSpeech.exe in your HS3 root folder
                    4. Unzip the new HSPI_BLSpeech.exe from the above link to your HS3 root folder
                    4. Restart BLSpeech

Let me know how that works out
                    Hello Bob,

Change works great, thank you! The example function call you provided had a typo (missing quote), but I figured that out quickly. This is a huge improvement to my house speaking workflow. I recently purchased the Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds, and having a great time listening to music while working around the house. Now I won't miss important HS3 messages - aka the kids won't be able to come in the house without me knowing about it, they like to try and scare me, with noise canceling earbuds I was a little nervous. Problem solved!
                    Mike

Comment

Great - no problem
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X