How to get Speaker and Volune parms of message spoken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I return what speaker and volume setting from any message spoken from blspeech using a script. If would be nice for me to get this information so that I can set my russound plugin to the right speaker and volume setting. Right now i using your events to turn on and off my Russound speakers in my home, but need speaker and volune part of the message spoken to make this plugin better.

If not how can I do this?

Thank You

Greg Mack

I would use the script option for the before and after speaking. You can then do anything you want in the script before and after the speech.

I am sure there are calls for the Russound plugin that will do what you need. You will need to look at the help for that plugin.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I am doing all that. But I need additional information on what speakers and volume is being pass with blspeech is spoken. Is there a call that return this information.

I want to setup an unlimited number of speakers and speaker zones which can be triggered using the special processing tags. How can I read these Tags when my messages is spoken.

Like {priority=normal,speaker=MasterBedroom,volume=75|100,queue=q ueue}This is my test

priority=normal
      speaker=MasterBedroom
      volume=75|100
      queue=queue
      This is my test

Where can I get these parms when message is spoken. Do you have Methods to return these values?

Thank You

Greg Mack

Comment

The special processing tags are only used by the plugin. Once you submit the hs.speak command with the special tags, the plugin uses these tags to process the speech.

The values are never returned at all, only used when speaking.

I am not understanding why you need to have these values returned back to you.
        Please explain a little more on what you are doing.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,
          Thanks for your response. In my home, I am using russound plug-in to redirect sound to different rooms at different volumes. For this I wrote my own vbscript which turn on and off different zones at different volumes. When I use your plug-in, I need a way to determine the volume and room identifications that are stored in special tags. This will help me decide in my script which speaker to turn on. Is there any way that I can access your special tag information. Any method or setting a virtual device with that string will help.

I am using following trigger:

"BLSpeech Trigger: HomeSeer Prior to Speaking" to call my vbscript.

A simple example would be –

Wakeup call will sound at my bedroom speaker at volume 30

{priority=high,speaker=MasterBedroom,volume=30} Wake Up

but a regular alarm will sound at full volume from all speakers.

{speaker=WholeHouse,sound=MyWave,queue=discard}Run for your life.

This in my opinion would be a great feature.

Hope I am making some sense.

Thanks.
          Greg.

Comment

OK. Let me think of the best way to return the info.
            I could possibly add a script call to retrieve back the different tags. The script call would only retrieve back the current tags.
            Let me see what I can do. I will post a build when I have one ready.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I just emailed you a new build to try.
              I added a new scripting call to get the tags. See the help web page for details.
              Let me know how it works.
              Thx
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Working...
              X