Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me please

Can someone tell me how exactly to set this up? For example:

I ask what is the temperature? I have an event for this. I would like to have it speak the temperature to me but and include a random phrase in it. Such as:
    1. the temp is 32 degrees.
    2. it is 32 degrees.
    3. 32 degrees.

etc. I have no clue on how to get BLspeech working

This seems more a function of BLRandom than BLSpeech. Blade did (this morning) put a link between BLSpeech's dictionary and BLRandom but that's a whole different thing.

I need more info before I can help much. Like where do you get the temperature from? How is the event structured?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      This seems more a function of BLRandom than BLSpeech. Blade did (this morning) put a link between BLSpeech's dictionary and BLRandom but that's a whole different thing.

I need more info before I can help much. Like where do you get the temperature from? How is the event structured?
      Well, the temp data aside...i am just trying to get blspeech to work. I dont quite understand how to implement it.

Comment

I use it in it's most simple form. When I decided I needed a speech processor I already had events that would turn on speakers, my problem is sometimes the speech was halfway through what was being spoken before all the speakers were engaged. So I use the event processing of BLSPeech to hold back all speech for a couple of seconds. Specifically I use the BLSPeech Triggers of "HomeSeer Prior to Speaking" to hold back speech until the announcement speakers are connected and ready. I then use "HomeSeer Stops Speaking" to turn off those speakers when speaking has completed.

For me the big deal was BLSpeech's ability to hold back HS Speak until I was ready to broadcast it.

There are other more complicated ways using tags and what not in your scripts but I'm a simple guy and went for easy.

Here are a couple of events that I use, for an example. Prior to using BLSpeech I had every speaking event turn on appropriate speakers, speak, turn off speakers. Just this much has made it so much simpler.
        Attached Files
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Ok, i see. I am running on the trial of homeseer, seeing if it will meet my needs.

Comment

Working...
          X