Looking for support on Relay8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for support on Relay8

My discontinued ADI Adicon2500 relay module is dying. I use the relays to switch speakers for voice announcements by HS. I have ordered an MGL Relay8 unit to replace it. I see that your plugin supports the old X10 RainRelay8. Since the Relay8 is controlled by serial port rather than X10, can the BLSpeech plugin handle other on-off devices defined in HS3?

If there is a way to already control them in HS then I could certainly add those calls to the plugin to allow it. If the plugin had to control it using the serial port then that is a different story.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

There is a Relay8 plugin already but I haven't got the module yet. I'll know more in a few days.

Check out this link and comments from Tink; specifically post #35: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...10#post1107210

It sounds like it would be easy for another plugin to control devices once the devices are set up.

Comment

If it is as simple as doing a CAPI Control on the device then yes it will easy to add it
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

I just got a Relay8 and my HS2 speech proxy, SpeakEasy actually lets me select HS devices to control. In this case, my device ID is %1 - %8. This plugin is not getting converted to HS3 anytime soon.

I'd love to see your BLSpeech plugin modified to control HomeSeer devices, whether by CAPI or through associated device plugins. If you're able to do that, I think a number of people may discard SpeakEasy and use your plugin for HS3.

Let me know what you think. This could add another dimension of things that could be switched on during speaking. The Relay8 can be daisy-chained for control of up to 255 devices.

Comment

Have you used BLSpeech at all yet?
            I suggest loading the trial and give it a try and then let me know exactly what you need added and how it will be used in the plugin.

Once you know this, add a feature request on my site for BLSpeech and provide as much detail as possible.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Already Loaded

I loaded BLSpeech today and experimented. While setting the relays as X10, that didn't work. Set to Other, the plugin wanted a relay number and device code.

BLSpeech works almost exactly like SpeakEasy except SpeakEasy doesn't work in HS3 and has a variety of of devices its supports including HS devices.

I'd like to see an option for adding the speakers/zones where you can enter the Device ID (in my case, the Relay8 relays were assigned IO1 thru IO8). Perhaps just add a category of "HS Device" as an option in the drop down.

Then just use your same logic to turn the devices on an off. You could probably back-port that to HS2 if you wanted. In any case, by controlling any HS On/Off device by the device code, it would expand the flexibility of the plugin's control and perhaps also expand your customer base. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Try 2.0.13 in the HS3 updater and let me know
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

That did the trick! Awesome! I can use your plugin as a replacement for SpeakEasy now. Thanks so much!

Comment

No problem. Enjoy
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

HS3 Linux Integration

Blade-

Do you plan to convert the BLSpeech plugin to run on Linux? I'd like the flexibility to convert my HS3 away from Micro$oft but on my trial, I don't see many of your plugins available for Linux installs.

Comment

I would like to convert all of them to Linux. The problem is that BLSpeech uses some Microsoft libraries and I dont think those will work on Linux.
                        I just got HS3 running my Raspberry Pi B+ so I would also like to run on Linux if I can.
                        I will have to investigate it
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X