BLSpeech Zones & Russound MCA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLSpeech Zones & Russound MCA?

Blade, for some reason when I have an event speak using BLSpeech (image below), It will turn the zones on (in All Rooms), speak the phrase, then set zone 8 to Tuner (originally set to PC). All zones are also left on. This makes no difference if I have the "All Rooms|Off" in the tag. So basically, it's not adhering to the BLSpeech setting "Russound Zones Return to the Original State After Speaking". I can send you the Debug log when you want. Thanks again.

-Devon
    Attached Files

Log a ticket on my site and attach a debug log zipped
    Explain exactly what you are attempting and what is happening
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

If there's anyone else out there using a Russound MCA-C3/C5 & BLSpeech, let me know if you're experiencing the same issue. Blade and I have narrowed it down to a timing issue, so I'm curious if this happens on other setups.

Comment

Something new that's happening to BLSpeech & Russound is that when I run the following speech tag, I hear the speech on all Russound zones, instead of the zone in the tag. It used to work in version 2.0.21, not sure what changed since then. Something still seems a bit off with BLSpeech and the new Russounds.

{Speaker=Living Room}Good morning, Please don't forget to take your vitamins before your day gets hectic

It's also not switching back to it original source after speaking.

Blade, I've created a ticket on this.

Comment

If am not having the same issue as you. The zone tag is respected on my system. I am having a world of other issues though. About 1 in 10 times the zone turns off immediately after it turns on so my message isn't announced. Also all sounds called from special tags do not get played. I think it's the most recent version of the plugin that broke the sound tag. Is there a way to revert to an older version for testing? I'm not using a new Russound system for the record. Mine is a CAA66.

EDIT:

Just tried the last 4 versions of BLSpeech and I still have the issues. So maybe it's a BLRussound thing.
          Last edited by S-F; July 11, 2015, 09:10 AM.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

In my case, it seems that the reason I get speech on all zones, is because they were left on, on the same source. I'm apparently running into a similar issue as you S-F in where if my zones are off, when it speaks, they are left on, so the next time when I try to direct speech to a single zone, it's heard on all of them.

Note, I did double check and my sources are switching back after speeches so, some part is working. They are just not turning off. Even after putting in a 500ms delay in the Russound speakers/zones.

Comment

Well, the main issue I was griping about turns out to have been a HS3 issue. That would be the sound tag not working.

I do however have the problem of zones not returning to their original state from time to time. They usually turn back off but they are less likely to return to the original source. More often the issue I have is the zone turns on and then back off immediately so I hear nothing. I have provided Blade with a debug log of that. It was a nightmare to catch because it's so intermittent!

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                I do however have the problem of zones not returning to their original state from time to time. They usually turn back off but they are less likely to return to the original source. More often the issue I have is the zone turns on and then back off immediately so I hear nothing. I have provided Blade with a debug log of that. It was a nightmare to catch because it's so intermittent!
                I hear ya. My brother has the CAA66 and had the same issue as me where the zones would not turn back off after speaking if it was off initially. It turns out that if we set the speakers in BLSpeech each to at least a 500ms delay, then they would turn off after speaking. On my MCA-C5, setting this delay didn't make a difference. I would have all the zones off then run a speech test for all zones, the when I look at the zone status in BLRussound, I would see them all turn on, some would turn off for a split second, then turn back on. Similar to what you're seeing, but the opposite.

Comment

Well if it's that repeatable you should be able to get a good debug log to Blade. In my case it's seemingly random so catching a log is..... difficult.

Comment

Working...
                  X