Direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direction?

How can I get BLSpeech to properly say directions like SE, NE, SW etc. If I create a dictionary term for SW = South West for example, it uses it for every word that has 'SW' in it, such as sweet. I would hear 'SouthWesteet'. Any ideas?

Oh Man! I'm seeing this too!

So instead of saying "nice" it will say "north ice"!

Did you ever figure this one out?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      Oh Man! I'm seeing this too!

So instead of saying "nice" it will say "north ice"!

Did you ever figure this one out?
      Nope, I tried using quotes, but that didn't work. I think if there is a quote delimiter built into the plugin, that would say only use that dictionary work if there's a space in front and after the word. Otherwise, ignore it and pronounce the would as usual.

Comment

Ho hum.

I guess I'll just whack those then. The weather forecast is pretty lame when it says "winds from the NNW". I guess I'll also make a feature request.

Comment

Blade, have you figured a why to get these dictionary words working by themselves? I have a dictionary word NNE which speaks North by North East, but of course, when I have a calendar event speak 'Dinner with Sarah', I get the speech below.

"DiNorth North Eastr with Sarah"

Maybe we can use my original suggestion of a special character to separate words.

Comment

LOL that must sound great

Log a help desk ticket for it (if you have not yet) and I will see what I can do about that
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
              Blade, have you figured a why to get these dictionary words working by themselves? I have a dictionary word NNE which speaks North by North East, but of course, when I have a calendar event speak 'Dinner with Sarah', I get the speech below.

"DiNorth North Eastr with Sarah"

Maybe we can use my original suggestion of a special character to separate words.
              Are you using WeatherXML? Because Jeff recently made an update that states directions with full wording.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                Are you using WeatherXML? Because Jeff recently made an update that states directions with full wording.
                Really? Cause I do use WeatherXML, but in my speech event, I just point to the RefID string of the forecast device. How would I make WeatherXML speak the forecast multiple times per day? I do see the speak option next to the devices it creates, but not sure how to use it.

Comment

Yeah the speak stuff in WeatherXML has me a bit flummoxed. I have tried it like you mention and had the same issues but haven't tried it since the update.

Comment

Working...
                  X