Duplicate Speaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Speaking?

Ever since updating to HS3 3.0.0.170 Beta? I noticed that BLSpeech is not registering properly. Meaning, it's not taking over HS speak events. For example, if my speak event is this "{Speaker=Office}How can I help you", it will speak exactly what's shown and then without the processing tag right after. Anyone else seeing this? Would there be some change in the Speak Proxy in the beta? Blade, I'm going to open a ticket and upload the debug log.

I have experienced the exact same issue when I had the Tasker plugin registered as a speech proxy. Do you by chance have any other plugins that have a speech proxy?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Damn!! iTunesDAAP. The minute I disabled it, it started working again. But I don't see a Speech Proxy option for that plug in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        Damn!! iTunesDAAP. The minute I disabled it, it started working again. But I don't see a Speech Proxy option for that plug in?

I can't help there. You're going to have to bring it up with Spud.

Comment

if the option "Pause iTunes when HS is speaking" is turned on, the iTunes DAAP is acting as a speak proxy to know when HS is speaking. So turn that off and restart the plugin.

Comment

@ Sireone,

If you aren't dependent on Itunes you may want to look into either BLMddiaPlayer or BLMusic as they integrate very well with BLSpeech.

Comment

The thing is, all my playlists are in iTunes. HSTouch integration is why I considered Spud's plug-in.

Comment

The thing is, all my playlists are in iTunes. HSTouch integration is why I considered Spud's plug-in.
                if you need the option "Pause iTunes when HS is speaking" to be on, I can add another option to not forward speech to HS speakers, that will fix your problem with BLSpeech

Comment

Cool, that'll work. BTW, any update from Rich on the media API for HSTouch?

Comment

Cool, that'll work. BTW, any update from Rich on the media API for HSTouch?
                    latest news are there: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...28#post1174628

no news since then

Comment

There is also BLiTunes for HS3 you can try out
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Yep, have that installed, but my customer is looking for HSTouch integration. I guess options are limited?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          if you need the option "Pause iTunes when HS is speaking" to be on, I can add another option to not forward speech to HS speakers, that will fix your problem with BLSpeech
                          I have added a "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers" setting in version 3.0.0.20 of the iTunes DAAP plugin, available here
                          Set it to No, and that will prevent the duplicate speaking you experienced.

Comment

Thanks spud, will give it a shot.

Comment

I have the same issue with duplicate speaking with the XBMC plugin with the

I get two announcements. One with the special processing tags spoken, and one without (ie. "{sound=chime} This is a test".

If I turn off BLSpeech, I only get one announcement...but can't seem to use speech tags (which is why I bought BLSpeech) as expected.

I do have the setting in XBMC to "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers" set to no, which based on reading the thread had assumed that would fix it. I also have the XBMC settings for "Send Speak Action in XBMC GUI notifications" set to yes, which is needed for me to view them on the TV. Disabling this fixes the issue.

Any ideas on how to have these two plugins play nice together?

Comment

Working...
                              X