Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have profiles or some such?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to have profiles or some such?

This is a feature request but I'm not entirely clear on how to request it.

I have to create tons of events for just about every announcement. Well, 4 specifically. For almost every announcement I create a trigger event. Say something like I have an incoming phone call. This then will run three more events, all with different conditions. One for when I'm in bed, one for when I'm outside and one for when I'm home but not in bed or outside. It would be helpful to be able to call a profile with special tags that would direct the TTS to the appropriate place. Is this possible or is it way beyond the scope of the plugin?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Are you thinking of a new special processing tag?

Detail out what you are looking for so I can think of the best way to incorporate it
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'm not even sure if this is the territory of this plugin. I may be in scripting land here.

So with my above example: Phone rings and triggers an event. If a virtual device is on indicating my phone is home there will be an announcement made in the kitchen. But, if I'm in bed, as indicated by another virtual device being on, the announcement will be made in my bedroom. Also if I am outside, also indicated by a virtual device being on, the announcement is made outside. Right now I need to make 4 events for each announcement. This gets overly complicated fast. I have bazillions of events and It's difficult to sort through them all. Not to mention that it's a pain making them. So if I could have some kind of presets setup with a single special tag (say something like{preset=presetnamehere}) and nothing else it would go through the event routine I illustrated above.

That would be big.

If the event creation engine had and ELSE or if we had the ability to create nested sub groups for events none of this would really be necessary.

Comment

OK let me think about this.

Right now I am thinking about using speech handlers where you could specify some script code which could check your virtual devices and then I could allow you to set the special processing tags in real-time.

This is just off the top of my head:

The original speech message could be this:

Code:
        hs.Speak("{handler=SpeechLocation}This is a test")
        You would create a speech handler in the plugin called "SpeechLocation"
        The script code for the handler could be (this is just pseudo code):

Code:
        If virtual device A is ON then
            hs.Speak("{speaker=Kitchen}This is a test")
        Else If virtual device B is ON then
            hs.Speak("{speaker=MasterBedroom}This is a test")
        End If
        So the speech handler would override an original speech message (if a speech handler is used in the special tags)

** I would have to do something with the original speech message if you use a speech handler so that the message does not get spoken twice. The original message would be ignored by the plugin.

Thoughts?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

That looks like a life saver! Could the text be entered in the speak something action in the event creation engine or would it need to be a script like in your example?

Comment

It would be a vb.net script area so you could do whatever you want

If you want to run an event you can.
            BUT if you want to send the same speech message again but specify the "speaker" tag then you would have to use the hs.Speak command with something like this:

Code:
            If virtual device A is ON then
                hs.Speak("{speaker=Kitchen}$message")
            Else If virtual device B is ON then
                hs.Speak("{speaker=MasterBedroom}$message")
            End If
            $message would substitute in the original speech message but it would cause the plugin to use the speaker in the tag.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Sounds good to me. I assume all of the special tags would be available?

One more request. BLRandom integration. I'm currently using Jeff's random plugin, because it's free, but would move everything over to BLRandom I I could tie it all together.

Comment

You will have to specify the speech tags in the handler code
                BLRandom is already integrated with BLSpeech I believe
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I see. There is nothing in the BLSpeech options about BLRANDOM and from watching your BLRandom video I'm not even sure if it can be controlled without scripting.

Would I be able to specify the special tags in the BLSpeech entries (not sure what the individual bits of text are referred to as)? I ask because I have set up some random sayingsayings in Jeff's plugin with each preceeded by special tags and some situations call for different sounds for each bit of text. For example my usual sound is a chime but in the few weeks leading up to Halloween each message is preceded by a different spooky sound. Chains draging, spooky organ music, Bella Legosi talking. You know the drill.

Comment

I will have to check on the BLRandom integration

Can you give me an example of speech text you send to BLSpeech and how you would want it formatted in the end (using the handler)
                    You said you already have some special tags in the message.

Show me an original message and how you would want to have it spoken in the end.
                    Show some handler code as well kind of like I did.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Well here are some of my current events. As you can see I prepend all of the random messages with special tags.

The handler would be pretty complicated for the scenario I have attached. I'd probably have one event that ran a bunch of handlers.
                      I'm going to have to think about the handler code and get back to you later today. I'm all tied up ATM. I probably should have waited to make this post.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yea think about how you imagine it working and then let me know
                        I will be out until dinner time today.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

That is pretty complex for speech
                          The prepend would be tough to do. Once the speech message and tags reach BLSpeech I can control how it is spoken and how the tags are processed.

I wonder if this would work...

Say you have a handler called "SpeechLocation"

You have the following script code:

Code:
                          If hs.IsOnByName("First Floor Master Bedroom Colin In Bed") = True AndAlso hs.IsOffByName("Holiday Virtual Switches Unknown Halloween Time") = True AndAlso hs.IsOffByName("Unknown Global Deb Home") = True Then
                              hs.Speak("{speaker=Master Bedroom,source=2,volume=30,sound=chime}$message", False, "ANANDA:DEFAULT")
                          End If
                          You original speech message would need to include the handler tag:

Code:
                          hs.Speak("{handler=SpeechLocation,speaker=Master Bedroom,source=2,volume=30,sound=chime}"Someone is calling", False, "ANANDA:DEFAULT")
                          This is just a sample of what you have but hopefully it will help you determine if it could work for you.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Sorry about the delay in responding to this but I needed to really think about it. When the handler concept was introduced I quickly got overwhelmed.

So here's where I'm at now:

I like the handler idea, but, what I'm looking for is a special tag that I can add in with the other tags. All that handler or whatever is called by that tag would do is speak the message at the desired location, with the desired zone at the desired volume based on the value of the virtual devices described above. The stuff about sounds and holidays need not get involved with the handlers as I can easily do that with events.

So if I could have a message like:

Code:
                            {sound=chime,handler=whatevername} Hi there. I'm speaking something.
                            And then have the handler be like what you show in post #6, We'd be cooking with gas. Of course it would allow more complexity but I personally wouldn't need it as I am happy to do the rest from events.

Comment

I am sure this can be done.
                              Please add a feature request on my site for it.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X