Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have profiles or some such?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. It's a done thing.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      BUT if you want to send the same speech message again but specify the "speaker" tag then you would have to use the hs.Speak command with something like this:

I'm not following you on this. What is it that you mean by "send the same speech message again but specify the "speaker" tag"?

Comment

It just means you could pass any other tags you want into the handler code and it will process them as s new speech message
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          It just means you could pass any other tags you want into the handler code and it will process them as s new speech message
          OK. I think I'm with you. Sounds good. I think. ....

Comment

Try out 2.0.38

See the help web page for details on the new action tag
            There is also a screenshot of the actions page in the help.

Let me know how it works
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Not sure if this update caused this, but now my Russound zones are not selecting via BLspeech tags. If I have this {Speaker=Office}This is a test, it plays on all my Russound zones.

Comment

I do not see why it would do. I made no change to the speaker processing.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Yeah. The latest update made my system not respond to the Sound special tag. The Speaker, Source and Volume tags are still honored. I haven't tried the zone tag yet though. I don't use that one much.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    Yeah. The latest update made my system not respond to the Sound special tag. The Speaker, Source and Volume tags are still honored. I haven't tried the zone tag yet though. I don't use that one much.
                    I've restarted my unit, it seems to start working. Sorry for the false alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                      I've restarted my unit, it seems to start working. Sorry for the false alarm.
                      You restarted your amp?

Comment

I power cycled my server and my Russound amp and I still don't get sounds. Am I the only one here not getting sounds?

Comment

I only tag I use is the Speaker tag which started working after restarting the amp.

Comment

Could you please do me a favor and try the sound tag?

Comment

How does the sound tag work? Is it looking for a sound file? Based on the help file, it just says 'sound short name'.

"This is a sound short name that will be played before speaking the message. You must enter a valid sound short name or the tag will be ignored."

Comment

You just put a sound clip somewhere (maybe it has to be .wav? I forget) and point to it in BLSpeech and give it a title.

So, in BLSpeech, got to Sounds -> Add New and then give it a "Short Name" which the special tag will use to call it and then enter the full path (as in windows directory structure) to the sound. If you don't have a sound I am more than happy to zip one up here and attach it for you.

So for example, I have much of my TTS prepended with a chime that some good soul on the board ,whose identity currently escapes me. So in the list of special tags I just add "Sound=Chime" since "Chime" is the name I gave it in the Short Name field.

Oh Hell. I'll just upload it right now in case you or anyone else wants it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X