Voice annoucements spoken twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice annoucements spoken twice

Recently, all of my TTS announcements starting being read twice.

If I mute BLSpeech, I only hear announcements once. I've tried de-registering and re-registering as the speech proxy. No difference.

Any ideas?
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Yeah. You have two speech proxy plugins running. I bet your BLSpeech tags are also being spoken as well. What plugins have you started using recently?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

No new adds recently but some updates.... I checked MediaManager and Squeezebox. Both offer speech proxy...both have it turned off. BLSpeech is the only other plug in that I can think of that offers speech proxy.

I'll try disabling those plug ins one at a time and see if they're misbehaving despite having turned off their speech proxy feature.

Here's the list of current active plugins. Maybe I'm missing one that also offers speech proxy.

Thanks

BLBackup
      BLCpuAdvisor
      BLDatabase
      BLEditor
      BLFloorplan
      BLGarbage
      BLLock
      ISYInsteon
      weatherXML
      VWS
      BLLogMonitor
      BLMovies
      BLOccupied
      BLOnkyo
      BLPlugins
      BLRSS
      BLSecurity
      BLShutdown
      BLSpeech
      Blue-Iris
      UltraWeatherWU3
      BLVolume
      Device History
      drhsIpPlugIn
      HSTouch Server
      FitbitSeer
      EasyTrigger
      UltraTivo3
      UltraNetCam3
      UltraMon3
      UltraLog3
      UltraGCIR3
      Tasker Plugin
      Squeezebox
      RFXCOM
      Restart
      ThinkingCleaner
      MyQ
      MediaController
      Z-Wave
      MCSSPRINKLERSP
      PHLocation
      NetCAM

Comment

The Tasker plugin. Check that one.

Comment

No more callers please, we have a winner. Tasker, that rat bastard. I disabled the plugin and now I only hear them once, and when I mute in BLSpeech, blessed silence. Weird because I had only one takser device, and it was NOT enabled as a speech proxy. I guess the plugin does it's own thing separate from registered devices.

Thanks to all for the assistance. Everytime the house spoke twice, I'd get some side-eye from the wife. No more. (for now)

- Jim -

Comment

Check out my thread about this in the Tasker forum. You may need to make some changes to your config file.

Comment

Working...
            X