BLTVGuide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLTVGuide

I am and have been in the process of writing BLTVGuide in my spare time (which is sparce). I have been wanting my own plugin to remind me of TV shows but only if they are actually on and new episodes.

I have purchased a year membership to SchedulesDirect ($25 I think) and am using it in a plugin to do exactly this.

I was going to keep it just for myself and I still might but wanted to mention it and see if there was any interest (if I ever get enough time to finish it - lol)
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I enjoyed having a TV guide and was a little sad that HSTV was not going to be ported to HS3 but completely understand .... I would love to have a guide especially if I can figure out a way to incorporate it with Tivo, so that I can record a show even if not at home.

Comment

+1
      Don

Comment

It is funny you posted this today. I was just going to renew my Schedules Direct subscription and saw they posted they are changing how they obtain their data. I would assume that would break the current version of HSTV and I'm not sure CFguy will be updating HSTV for that change. I really only use it to announce upcoming shows and sometimes to look at the guide to see what is on so I would be interested in this as well.

Thanks,
        Jeff

Comment

+1
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Any comments on how you want to use reminders in the plugin?

I still need to write a program guide (which is going to take a bit of time)
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Jeff had a great system. He created an editable database of favorites, which would look at the XML file at certain times during the day and populate devices with those reminders. I'd like to be able to access time, date, channel # and be able to play with these.
              Don

Comment

I use http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

It's free and lets you have it as a Calendar. Just not good with telling you the exact channel it will air on.

Comment

Here are some screenshots of the plugin so far.
                  Attached Files
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Very Nice.
                    Don

Comment

I believe there is an issue with channel logos in the feed right now. They were showing before. I am using the newest JSON API in the plugin and I think they are still working out a few issues.
                      It only takes about 10 minutes to download all program information for an account. I have the nightly download set at 1 AM in the plugin

Running pretty good so far.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Here is a shot of the options page
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

How do the reminders work? Will there be a script function to pull them up?

When will this be available?
                          Last edited by donstephens; September 26, 2014, 12:55 PM.
                          Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                            How do the reminders work? Will there be a script function to pull them up?
                            You can add reminders for each lineup and by user.

I do not have any scripting calls done yet but that is the plan.
                            I also want to have the reminders stored in devices as well. Not sure the best way to do it yet
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Here is a shot of the reminders page
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X