BLTVGuide doesn't speak reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLTVGuide doesn't speak reminders

Trying to start out with a simple setup and just have the PI speak my reminders 15 minutes before the show starts but it does not speak the listing appears in the lineups and the reminders populate in the virtual device but I get nothing sent to the speaker client is anyone else seeing this or am I possibly missing a setting

Need a little help

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Hi Ken, I've tried it and it's working for me. Maybe post a screen shot of your reminder. Are you using the HS speaker clients, or a different speech proxy? Have you turned on any debugging on your speak proxy to see if it's received/generated?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Mine have been working as well for weeks. I am using BLSpeech for my speaking with no issues. My reminders have not been missed yet.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I am using hs speaker clients and in the log on the speaker client it doesnt look like the speech is ever be9ng sent
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Log a help desk ticket and attach a debug log zipped capturing the issue
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

here is a screen shot of the reminder that I am using it is never spoken by HS3. as for a debug log im not even sure what to capture because it seems like nothing is being sent at all to the speaker client

Cheers Ken
            Attached Files

Comment

For the debug log you will need to find out what time the favorite airs and then adjust the minutes before so that you do not have to wait too long for it to speak. That is how I tested the plugin.

I need to see a debug log of when it is supposed to speak x minutes before the reminder or favorite. It has to be something on your end because my reminders and favorites have not missed once since I have been using the plugin for almost a month now.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I've had this issue also using the default homseer speech client on a dedicated android WFTT7.

at first i thought it was just for some reminders that i originally made before the speak option was added and by deleting and re-creating it started, but since then i've had other issues of it not speaking, but the reminder is listed and the virtual device is updated correctly.

I checked logs too and not seeing anything, it just looks like the speak event isn't being sent.

on another note what is the advantage to using a speech proxy instead of the default speaker client?

Comment

Hopefully someone will capture a debug log of this issue and put in a ticket on my site so I can have a look

As for the speech proxy... it provides a way to intercept all speech and perform pre and post actions on the speech message. Here are some of the things you can do in BLSpeech
                  • User can enable or disable Speech Proxy
                  • User can specify multiple special processing tags which will be interpreted by the plugin. See the help for details on the tags.
                  • Proxy mode allows the user to specify NORMAL mode when they are at home or AWAY mode when they are away from the house. In AWAY mode, all speech is queued (depending on the special processing tags)
                  • User can setup an unlimited number of speakers and speaker zones which can be triggered using the special processing tags.
                  • User can setup an unlimited number of sound files which can be triggered by using the special processing tags.
                  • Phrase Rules can be setup to allow the user to perform an action on any message that contains a certain phrase.
                  • User can view the current high priority and normal priority queues.
                  • User can specify whether to log all speech activity to a log file and view and clear the log. The number of days to keep the logs can also be specified.
                  • User can mute/unmute the speech in HomeSeer.
                  • User can choose to show the last X number of speech messages in a device code of their choice.
                  • User can setup words in the plug-in dictionary that will allows substitution in their speech messages.
                  • HomeSeer event triggers, actions and conditions can be used in the plug-in.
                  • The AB8SS device can be used with the plug-in as long as you have the WAF-ABS8SS plug-in installed as well.
                  • User can also interface with the BLAB8SS plug-in.
                  • Interfaces with BLRussound
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Blade,

I sent the log to you in an email please take a look and see what you can figure out

Thanks again for your support

Cheers Ken

Comment

Blade,

I sent the log to you in an email please take a look and see what you can figure out

Thanks again for your support

Cheers Ken

Comment

as a test I set up a simple event to just turn on a light when the reminder was triggered but that didn't work either so it seems that the reminder is not being sent at all

Cheers Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

I'm seeing this as well now. I've opened a Help Desk ticket on Bob's site and uploaded a debug log.

Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I sent bob the logs and im testing a new version right now

Comment

I am not sure what is going on because I just did a test here with the newest build and it announced my reminder just fine

FYI... It will not announce a reminder that is in the past
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X