Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

SendIR command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SendIR command?

I have been testing this plugin from the website interface and everything has been working as anticipated. Now I am creating screens in HSTouch and need to send IR commands via a script.

I am trying to use the below sample script from the help file but it doesn't seem to be working but I could be substituting strings incorrectly.

Any help would be appreciated.

hs.PluginFunction("BLUSBUIRT", "", "SendIR", New Object(){"Device1","Power"})

I replace Device1 with Switch2 and Power with a2 but it doesn't appear to be sending the IR.

Below are screen shots:
    IR Codes Created for Switch2

HSTouch Script

Are you getting any errors?
    Can you turn on debug logging in the plugin and then run the script call. Then turn off debug logging and attach the BLUSBUIRT-Detailed.log file and I will have a look
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

doesn't appear to be getting any errors. I did the debugging twice. One from the HSTouch interface and one from the "control panel" of HS3.

edit: Could the addition of the "zones" change the way the Script should be formatted?
      Attached Files

Comment

The problem is that SendIR is not getting called in the plugin
        It is never making it to the plugin.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

not sure if it helps, but this thread might be of use about the SendIR command and HS3.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163992

Comment

SendIR does exist in my plugin but it is not getting to the plugin for some reason.
            I do not use HSTouch so I cannot test this.
            I did run the command from a script and it works.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

i am trying this in the immediate scripting command of HS3 and it is not working:

&hs.PluginFunction("BLUSBUIRT", "", "SendIR", New Object(){"WD TV Play 1","enter"})

I am getting this error:
              12/28/2013 9:06:40 PM ~!~Error~!~Running script, init error: Expected end of statement

Do you know what I am missing?

Comment

Yea I cannot get scripting calls to work like that in the immediate script command window. I think that is an issue with HS3 because the same call works in a .vb script
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have asked Rich about this
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Ok, in the mean time I created Manually triggered events to send IR commands and seems to be working.

Comment

Was this ever fixed? I need to send IR commands from HSTouch and am getting the error, "Running script, init error: Expected end of statement". Just like the original post.

Thanks.
                      Bryan
                      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Do not think it is fixed.
                        I have not logged a bug for it yet.
                        Can someone please log a bug for this and paste the bug report number here
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Ticket #: 0000528

Thanks!
                          Bryan
                          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I meant to log it on Bugzilla as a bug because Rich needs to fix this.
                            I cannot fix this one
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Was this ever resolved? I have a ton of IR commands I'd like to use with HSTouch.

Apparently not:

May-16 9:37:49 AM Error Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("BLUSBUIRT", "", "SendIR", New Object(){"cable box","power"}), init error: Expected end of statement

Comment

Working...
                              X