Denon Plugin Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon Plugin Capabilities

Hello. I am new to HA and HomeSeer. I have a couple of questions about the Denon Plugin as follows:

#1 I am deciding between the HS2 software running on a laptop and the self-contained HomeTroller. Will/can the Denon plugin be run on the HomeTroller?

#2 My goals for the Denon are to automate it so that it turns on at a specific time of day and begins playing music from a specific source. Then, and other times of the day, change sources, and finally at the end of the day it would go back into standby mode.

I am looking to provide my child who is at home with constant music playing throughout the day but at the same time provide him with a variety of styles (classical, jazz, dance, children's music, etc...)

Originally posted by ratomlinson View Post
    Hello. I am new to HA and HomeSeer. I have a couple of questions about the Denon Plugin as follows:

#1 I am deciding between the HS2 software running on a laptop and the self-contained HomeTroller. Will/can the Denon plugin be run on the HomeTroller?

#2 My goals for the Denon are to automate it so that it turns on at a specific time of day and begins playing music from a specific source. Then, and other times of the day, change sources, and finally at the end of the day it would go back into standby mode.

I am looking to provide my child who is at home with constant music playing throughout the day but at the same time provide him with a variety of styles (classical, jazz, dance, children's music, etc...)
    The plug-in should work fine with HomeTroller, and it will perform the functions you mentioned. If you have a HomeTroller, you can use the updater and trial the plug-in for 30 days before you buy.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hometroller?

I currently do not own HS2 or Hometroller. I do have an XP laptop that I can dedicate to HA.

After reading some threads I am concerned that I will need to be rebooting the laptop every couple of days and the thought of a dedicated appliance like the HomeTroller sounds enticing. I would rather spend just $200 for HS2 instead of the $895 for the Hometroller. What's your experience with HS2 with lockups? Can it be setup and will it just run for months without intervention?

Comment

Originally posted by ratomlinson View Post
        I currently do not own HS2 or Hometroller. I do have an XP laptop that I can dedicate to HA.

After reading some threads I am concerned that I will need to be rebooting the laptop every couple of days and the thought of a dedicated appliance like the HomeTroller sounds enticing. I would rather spend just $200 for HS2 instead of the $895 for the Hometroller. What's your experience with HS2 with lockups? Can it be setup and will it just run for months without intervention?
        I run mine 7/24 365 days a year without a problem. Occassional I experiment and need to fix my setup, but generally HS2 is really reliable. My HS Server is a home built Mini-ITX form factor motherboard Intel DG45FC, with 4Gb Ram and 3.0Ghz CPU all mounted into a small case that is bolted to my utility room wall.

The computer case I am using is linked here http://www.mini-box.com/VoomPC-Enclo...=8&category=87

It was a fun project, but demonstrates what can be accomplished. I will publish some pictures on a new thread somewhere.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Larry, I am using the same mini-itx case for a carpc - with a VIA MB. I had a heck of a time fitting all inside of the case. What made you decide to use this instead of a standard PC case for HS?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I wanted the smallest form factor (foot print) that I could fabricate...so that I could mount inside of a Leviton Cabinet...and because I am the type of person that can't leave things alone.

It worked very well after cutting a hole and adding a fan for circulation.

I now am now back to a rack mounted server...again I just can't leave well-enough alone.
            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
            X