No announcement yet.

I am missing something simple...setting the COM Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry - is there a manual ini file setting (or something else) that I can make so I can test the plugin in the meantime?

Thanks,
    Scott

Comment

Larry,
      I asked Rick and he's not aware of any changes. He did say that HomeSeer only queries for the COM port at startup so if the default setting is network and the user changes this option to disabled HomeSeer will have to be restarted for this option to work correctly. He suggested that you move the comport selection to your plugin's config to circumvent this. I did restart but it's still not working here either. If I disable the plugin and then re-enable it it automatically connect to com port 1. Maybe if there is only one com port you aren't querying the field?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Okay - shuffled some devices around and have my Denon working on COM 1. The plug in works, but seems very flaky - but this might be because of the specific Denon model I have (2106).

I'll make another post with my results when I have a chance.

Comment

I will check my code tonight and see if I can see whats going on, and maybe get a work around going.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
            Okay - shuffled some devices around and have my Denon working on COM 1. The plug in works, but seems very flaky - but this might be because of the specific Denon model I have (2106).

I'll make another post with my results when I have a chance.
            I don't think the 2106 is a supported model, the API I am using specifies 2800-3800-4800-5800 series, while some commands may still work with other models, most functionality will be hit and miss.
            -Larry

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I will be sending an update to the Updater that will fix the ComPort vs. IP(Ethernet) issue within the next couple of days..
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Thanks Larry, I will give it a shot when the update gets posted. The 2106 did seem to have most of the same commands as the other models, so I would think it may work, but if not, I've been having a lot of luck sending the commands directly through scripting. It was actually a lot easier than I had expected.

Comment

New version 2.2.0.16 should be on the updater by now.
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                  X