New error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New error message

04.02.2010 19:49:59 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_TFAN_Status(): Conversion from string "087.50" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.

What is it and why doesn't the plugin work anymore?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    04.02.2010 19:49:59 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_TFAN_Status(): Conversion from string "087.50" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.

What is it and why doesn't the plugin work anymore?

Not sure...the plug-in hasn't changed?????
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Then what is wrong?

I recognize the error message from other .NET applications (here in Norway we use a comma as a decimal separtaror, not period), but I haven't seen this in the plugin before...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ah, I think I solved it. I noticed I also got this when I started HomeSeer.
        08.02.2010 20:42:47 DenonAVR Error Exception error in InitDenon()...Initializing Network: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.30:23
        08.02.2010 20:42:47 DenonAVR Error InitIO()->Initialization of DenonAVR Plugin failed, shutting down plugin.

I shut down the amplifier completely (not just standby) and re-enabled the Plugin. Now it says "Connected" ("on com 1" for some reason, even when it's connected over IP).

Comment

The amplifier needs to be in standby mode, in order for IP to work properly, otherwise it is impossible to talk with the device to turn on when it is completely powered off. Please set in standby mode and verify that you can ping the device ( the IP Address should always be static rather Than DHCP ). The plug-in will always start the initialization of the comm port first and then when config file is read, it will switch to IP if present and configured with a valid IP Address.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

That was just the thing, I could ping the amplifier at 192.168.0.30 but the plugin would not connect. I turned the amplifier completely off and on again, and the plugin was able to connect.

Comment

I think this could be a culture thing. Here in Norway we use comma as a decimal separator, not period.

However, I've found a way around it.

Add this module to your code:
              Code:
              Module Digits
                  Public ni As System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo = Nothing

Public Sub InitLocals()
                      Dim ci As System.Globalization.CultureInfo = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InstalledUICulture
                      ni = ci.NumberFormat.Clone
                      ni.NumberDecimalSeparator = "."
                  End Sub
              End Module
              Then just do:
              Code:
              Double.Parse(some_value_with_period_instead_of_comma, ni)

Comment

Working...
              X