The competition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The competition...

You'll soon find a competitor for Denon amplifiers that supports LAN connections, namely BLDenon.

Perhaps we who invested in this fairly expensive plugin (compared to BLDenon, at least) will finally see some development?

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Hey, if the competition's plugin works better then why not use it?

Comment

I thought that was obvious:
      Because I've already paid $40 for this one.

I'd hate to buy the "same" plugin again, even if it's cheaper and has more functionality...
      Right now, I feel like I've been cheated.

That's why I'm asking.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'll even tell you about this, if you havent seen it before (I'm sure you have):
        http://www.nicetaco.com/Command3808/
        http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=949351

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          You'll soon find a competitor for Denon amplifiers that supports LAN connections, namely BLDenon.

Perhaps we who invested in this fairly expensive plugin (compared to BLDenon, at least) will finally see some development?

The origional Denon Plug-in has always supported LAN connections.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Development has been going on! Recently a request for additional zones was asked for, and I am soon to release a version with zones 2 and 3 added.

No one was forced to purchase this plug-in, and everyone is/was encourage to try before buy.

I encourage competition, and I will use a better product if available, as this is a hobby not a business.
            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
              Development has been going on! Recently a request for additional zones was asked for, and I am soon to release a version with zones 2 and 3 added.
              That is great news!
              Looking forward to it.

No one was forced to purchase this plug-in, and everyone is/was encourage to try before buy.
              Yes, and I get that. But before there was no competition at all, at least not that I was aware of. That's the point.

I encourage competition, and I will use a better product if available, as this is a hobby not a business.
              The problem is that I don't want to spend another $30 to change. I've spent $40 already so I'm staying with what I've got. If both were free or "included" it would be another story...

I'm really looking forward to your next release.

Comment

Hi,
                i'm on trial with your plugin and it worked out of the box with a Denon avr2308. Very nice
                I can see that it catches the status change in the log when i use the remote and of course your plug in. But it would be nice with at virtual device that holds the current status on source/input and a virtual device for power status.

Also asked for in this thread:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137613

Thanks

Markus

Comment

Working...
                X