Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the story on conversion from string to decimal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the story on conversion from string to decimal?

I still get this alot in the log when controlling my 3808 with the Denon plugin:

1.06.2010 18:30:03 Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.plugin("DenonAVR").PwrOnAVR()
    01.06.2010 18:30:03 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_TFAN_Status(): Conversion from string "087.50" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.
    01.06.2010 18:30:03 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_TFAN_Status(): Conversion from string "087.50" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.

01.06.2010 18:30:04 Event Waiting 0 minute(s) 12 second(s) 0 millisecond(s)
    01.06.2010 18:30:16 Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.plugin("DenonAVR").SetInputAVR("SAT")
    01.06.2010 18:30:16 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_TFAN_Status(): Conversion from string "087.50" to type 'Decimal' is not valid.

What can we do about this?

The problem is that here we use a comma ( "," ) as a decimal separator so the casting from the string "87.5" doesn't give a value of 87,5...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

I will try and look at it this weekend...most of the Radio stuff is still under R&D as the documentation states...but the routines that I've already coded, I will see if I can modify to except a comma as well.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

That would have been great, thanks!
      I don't like error messages in the log, especially since I don't think there's anything wrong.

... and I don't even use the radio.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

*BUMP* It's been two months...

Comment

I have not had time to look at it yet...maybe this weekend.
          -Larry

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I wanted to let you know, that I've started work on a new version of the plug-in...the changes might be be pretty significant, as it looks more like a total re-write of the basic engine. Some of the choices I made before are limiting my capabilities now, so I started a new foundation to build on, hopefully this will make things a little easier.
            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Wow, hope it is as promising as it sounds.

Comment

Almost finished with new version...will need a few more days to re-work some scripting commands, and test new features...thanks for being patient.
                -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Woho!

If you haven't seen it already, here's some inspiration:
                  http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144172

Comment

I did add quite a few devices to the a status page, but not anything that elaborate as far as controls...wow...it does inspire me to research that capability though.
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

See Sticky...New version sent to updater.
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Great! Looking forward to test it!

Comment

OK, I've updated. But I don't see any changes. Excpet that the page /denonavr_control does not load any more, and now I even get the this error when I'm trying to open the page: "Error Calling GenPage for plugin, link: /denonavr_control Error: Conversion from string "0087.50" to type 'Decimal' is not valid".

Version number is 2.2.1.17.

Comment

OK, this plugin seriously needs help!

11.10.2010 19:51:18 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "39.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:19 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "38.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:20 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "37.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:21 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "36.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:22 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "35.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:23 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "34.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:25 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "33.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:26 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "32.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                            11.10.2010 19:51:27 DenonAVR Error Exception error in Parse_MV_Status(): Conversion from string "31.5" to type 'Double' is not valid.

Seems to happen when I adjust the volume.(?)

Period is still not a decimal separator here in Europe!

Here's my new proposal:
                            Code:
                                Private Sub Test()
                                    Dim str As String = "70.5"
                                    Debug.WriteLine(str)

str = str.Replace(".", System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo.CurrentInfo.NumberDecimalSeparator)
                                    Debug.WriteLine(str)

Dim d As Double = str.ToString
                                    Debug.WriteLine(str)
                                End Sub

Comment

I will see what I can do.
                              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                              X