Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I set random volume levels with this plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I set random volume levels with this plugin?

The plugin documentation says this about the volume setting script functions:
    SetVolAVR(String Argument) ----------- Set Volume Direct to Presets.,
    z2SetVolAVR(String Argument) --------- Set Zone-2 Volume Direct to Presets.,
    z3SetVolAVR(String Argument) --------- Set Zone-3 Volume Direct to Presets.,
    Arguments:
    - "Soft", "Normal", "Loud", "ExtraLoud", "Max"
    - or set to 1-99 as a string argument.
    However, when I try to pass a numeric string like "25" to SetVolAVR, this message gets logged to the HomeSeer log:
    Code:
    DenonAVR Error  ******************************************************** 
    DenonAVR Error  hs.plugin('DenonDVR').SetVolAVR(string)... 
    DenonAVR Error  ...Excepts only one of the following as parameters: 
    DenonAVR Error  --------------------------------------------------- 
    DenonAVR Error  ...Soft, Norm, Normal, Loud, ExtraLoud, Max 
    DenonAVR Error  ********************************************************
    I know I can use the various soft/loud etc strings, but I wish to set volume by numeric level since I want to represent a lot more presets than the 5 listed. Should I be able to use numbers in this function?

I added that functionality to next release that is within days of release.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
    X