Avr-990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avr-990

I'm attempting to get this plugin to work with the Denon AVR-990 via Ethernet control, but it is giving me an error.

DenonAvr Exception on SEND: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    DenonAvr Exception on SEND: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

I was briefly able to turn the volume up and down (after a lengthy delay) and turn the machine off before receiving these messages.

If the AVR-990 is not supported, will it be in the future? This particular amp does everything I need it to in a HomeSeer environment and I purchased it partially based upon the networking...

Thanks,
    Ken

**-- Note: After restarting HomeSeer and the AVR-990, it responds to the Volume adjustments and the "Off" button, but not "Denon On" or the "Input" selection. Once turning the Denon off through the HomeSeer interface, and turning it back on, it no longer responds.
    Last edited by ; January 13, 2011, 04:15 PM. Reason: Further Testing

What version of the plug-in are you using?

Did you try this one? http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145694
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Looks like a really nice Receiver/Amp...I will try and find out more about this AVR and maybe the API is close enough to support.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Thanks, Larry. It is relatively new and has some of the newer features, such as Airplay and full networking. It has it's own interface accessible via a webpage (kinda kludgy though). I purchased this receiver because it is inexpensive enough ($900) to replace all my other Denons throughout the home, as well as be added to some other rooms for whole-house distributed audio.

I was running the older file, I updated to the one in your link but I still get similar errors. I can control the volume, but can't switch inputs or turn it back on after turning it off remotely.

Another question: will the plugin control only one receiver? I want to install 7-8 of these.... (Distributed audio via Apple TV with zone control via ethernet-- this gives me, in effect, a distributed IP audio/video network in my house).

If not, I guess I would have to go with something like a GC-100 at each zone.

Thanks!
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        X