Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What COM port when using Network Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What COM port when using Network Control?

I've got an AVR-991, which I can control just fine using the Denon web control page, but in Homeseer, even if I configure it for network control and put in the IP address, there's still a box for a COM port. And the plugin tries to open it! Nevertheless, I can't connect to my receiver...

After selecting UseNetwork exit HS and verify that the config file DenonAVR.ini in the Conf directory shows UseNetwork=True and that there is a valid IP address...then restart HS. Upon starting the plug-in should read the ini file and use network without ever checking for COM port.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Well, it works now (the HS restart was the key, not just enabling/disabling plugin like I was doing), but the log file still says:
      Initializing Plug-in: DenonAVR on COM port 1
      which is confusing.

Comment

Also, is there no way to set the receiver to the GAME input? The plugin detects that it's set to that input via the receiver itself, but no way to set it via the plugin.

Comment

The AVR-991 is a new Denon which commands are very close to old models, but with some added commands, I just downloaded the protocol API for the AVR-991...so I will add support for your Denon specifically.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

boss.

Comment

Working...
            X