Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input select Denon "on" or "off"

I are trying out the plug-infor Denon on my receiver a 4306

The direct control of the import source through the pink button allows good control of the import source.

However in creating an event action the only options under "source input" are on and off. Nothing about CD, DVD, etc. is this something I am missing?
    Thank you in advance
    Kevin

Both plug-ins

I overlooked posting thatI am seeing this was both the AVRDenon And the Blade Denon control plug-ins. I may be missing something? Thank you in advance.
    Kevin

Comment

Changing Input Source Denon plug-in - Answer

The answer to my question seems to bethat changing input is only done with a script. This is explained in the documentation which is
      DenonAVR-doc.htm
      this document gives you good examples of how you would place a script command in the action portion of an event that you create which will change the input of the zone you wish

Comment

Late reply, but yes, that is generally how it works. However, I still wish that the developer would add this to the devices (a simple list box would be great) so we don't have to use scripts.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I will investigate a drop down box enhancement.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

That would be awesome!

I would also make a request that you instead of using device strings for the many devices, you use device values. The main advantage is that it's easy to add triggers for events that way!

The most important device (in my opinion) is the one for Source Input. If this is added, it would be very easy for me to trigger some event when the input is set or changed to "CD". I could have HomeSeer turn on my Xbox when I set the receiver to "DVR".

That would be fantastic!
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I am so glad I found this thread! I have AVR-3800 and wanted to try controlling it with HomeSeer. But if that requires using scripts and that is not built into the plugin, then this is where I stop... Old-fashion remote is here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                I am so glad I found this thread! I have AVR-3800 and wanted to try controlling it with HomeSeer. But if that requires using scripts and that is not built into the plugin, then this is where I stop... Old-fashion remote is here to stay.
                It's not that it's hard to use simple scripts, it is absolutely doable.
                It's just more invconvenient...

Controlling my 3808 from HomeSeer is golden! I still recommend the plugin, I'm just saying there's room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  It's not that it's hard to use simple scripts, it is absolutely doable.
                  It's just more invconvenient...

Controlling my 3808 from HomeSeer is golden! I still recommend the plugin, I'm just saying there's room for improvement.
                  I am not a programmer. I have no idea how to even approach scripts. As a result, using check marks and drop boxes is my preferred approach

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                    I will investigate a drop down box enhancement.
                    This is a very simple enhancement, really. Just specify the Device Values, and add the commands in the plugin, you already have the scripting functions so it should be a fairly quick fix.

As this actually is the most expensive plugin I have (and I have quite a few) I was actually expecting a little more from it. The command set is not that hard to implement (it's just pure ASCII commands)...

Comment

Working...
                    X