HS4 needs to be good...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 needs to be good...!!!

Yesterday I got a Hubitat Elevation hub to add Zigbee to my HS3 setup. After poking around in the Hubitat's software for a few hours I'm pretty impressed.
    1. That price. I bought it on sale for $75. All the hardware and software included.
    2. It has a pretty active community who are writing lots of drivers (plugins).
    3. Mobile management is there and it works well. I can finally lay in bed and manage this device.
    4. This may change in the future but I really like the built in dashboard. It's nice to have a working interface where I can check on or control devices. It seems much more polished than what we get in standard HS3 and easier to deal with than the Mobile App Designer.
    5. Price. I have to mention it again because, brand new, this hub cost me less than $100. The only thing that comes close with Homeseer is the Pi version with limited plugin support and you still have to buy a Z-wave plug.https://myip.kim/ https://birthdaywishes.onl/ https://elecpay.in/tneb/

I've got a ton of money and time tied up in HS3/4 so I'm sticking with it but if I were starting over Hubitat would be my #1 choice. 🤞🏿HS4 brings us something special.

Originally posted by NuzakFarnas View Post
    I've got a ton of money and time tied up in HS3/4 so I'm sticking with it but if I were starting over Hubitat would be my #1 choice.
    You do realize that the ONLY protocols that dumb Hubitat box supports is Wi-Fi, Zigbee, and Z-Wave? It doesn't even have USB and serial ports! It would never be able to control UPB, independent transmitters (e.g., RFXCom), contact closures. The HA comparison chart they have on their site only compares them to Wink and SmartThings and makes it look like they're the only cloudless HA available. If those phonies were to list a HS entry in that chart, it would make Hubitat look like some cheap garbage.. which it is.

Comment

I think some of the interface shortcomings for hubitat are addressed through ethernet connection to other systems. For example: linking hubitat to an Elk M1 panel gives you contact closure, relays, and probably UPB control if you have a PIM connected to the Elk.

That said I still consider Hubitat a subsystem that can do a lot on its own but still needs Homeseer to coordinate with anything it can't talk to natively.

Comment

Originally posted by NuzakFarnas View Post
        Yesterday I got a Hubitat Elevation hub to add Zigbee to my HS3 setup. After poking around in the Hubitat's software for a few hours I'm pretty impressed.
        1. That price. I bought it on sale for $75. All the hardware and software included.
        2. It has a pretty active community who are writing lots of drivers (plugins).
        3. Mobile management is there and it works well. I can finally lay in bed and manage this device.
        4. This may change in the future but I really like the built in dashboard. It's nice to have a working interface where I can check on or control devices. It seems much more polished than what we get in standard HS3 and easier to deal with than the Mobile App Designer.
        5. Price. I have to mention it again because, brand new, this hub cost me less than $100. The only thing that comes close with Homeseer is the Pi version with limited plugin support and you still have to buy a Z-wave plug.

I've got a ton of money and time tied up in HS3/4 so I'm sticking with it but if I were starting over Hubitat would be my #1 choice. 🤞🏿HS4 brings us something special.
        You do realize HS4 is just a facelift and some free plug ins, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

You do realize HS4 is just a facelift and some free plug ins, right?
          I think it will end up being a little more than that. It will also set the stage for future development. At least I hope it does. The public beta is scheduled to drop in less than 2 weeks. I think we will see a lot of changes. Some might take some time to get used to some might not.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

I think it will end up being a little more than that. It will also set the stage for future development. At least I hope it does. The public beta is scheduled to drop in less than 2 weeks. I think we will see a lot of changes. Some might take some time to get used to some might not.
            It's been documented. Search the forum, just a facelift for the mobile users, and free plug ins
            ​

Comment

It's been documented. Search the forum, just a facelift for the mobile users, and free plug ins
              ​
              When you say "documented." I think you really meant "rumored." If you are in the pre-beta group, then maybe you have some actual facts to back it up, otherwise you are just speculating. While it seems like it could be largely a GUI update, there certainly does seem to be more to it. It appears that additions to events are planned, and unfortunately they are dropping HSPhone support.
              I would (and do) reserve judgement on the level of changes for HS4 until I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

When you say "documented." I think you really meant "rumored." If you are in the pre-beta group, then maybe you have some actual facts to back it up, otherwise you are just speculating. While it seems like it could be largely a GUI update, there certainly does seem to be more to it. It appears that additions to events are planned, and unfortunately they are dropping HSPhone support.
                I would (and do) reserve judgement on the level of changes for HS4 until I see it.
                Just going by what I've read on here. Sure seems like it's coming right from HS support. Guess we'll see on the 4th.

Comment

​
                  The public beta will drop soon so the question will be answered then.

Comment

Working...
                  X