X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    Thanks - this was really helpful. I got it working. One step I had to do was add a device in Manage Codesets. Even though my device was not listed I just picked one and added it so I could add commands onto it.

I did try accessing the online IR database. I got a certificate error on the site, and when I tried to register they don't have the captcha set up correctly so you can't complete registration. So I didn't get into it.
    Cool,

At least you got done the hard way.

I did try accessing the online IR database. I got a certificate error on the site, and when I tried to register they don't have the captcha set up correctly so you can't complete registration. So I didn't get into it.
    Could be may be for business

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Thanks - this was really helpful. I got it working. One step I had to do was add a device in Manage Codesets. Even though my device was not listed I just picked one and added it so I could add commands onto it.

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    I don't actually use HomeSeer 3 anymore and also shelved my Global Cache a long time ago but I copied and edited one of your images.
    So for what it matters is I wanted to see the type (set) of Global Cache stuff you have.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_94282.png Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	1424946

Where it says Unit-Port (1) is the port on the iTach (you insert an IR emitter 1 of 4 which should have come with the iTach) Then stick it to the device you trying to control.
    At Function Name (2) is the code name and paste the whole code you learned/posted above ( sendir,1:3,1,37764,1,1,343,171,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21 ,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63 ,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,63,22,21,22,21 ,22,21,22,21,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,21,22,63,22,1514,343,85,22 ,3652,343,85,22,3652,343,85,22,3651,343,85,22,3700 ) in (3) and click on Test before Save

Note :
    Each of the 4 emitters may have a number of codes you may wish to save for a particular device, so you will have to save the codes you want to use so many times to create a database. Once done for that port move on to the next one and when done or you can continue another day because each device can have a multitude of codes or even better save only those which are important to you.

I also found this : http://irdbservice.cloudapp.net/ It seems new to me and I don't know if it's of any help but worth investigating.

man

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Thanks, the post to the old documentation I had already found and it is unfortunately not much use as the format of the screens has changed dramatically in the HS3 implementation.

So I have a IR string from iLearn - the Mute button:

sendir,1:3,1,37764,1,1,343,171,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21 ,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63 ,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,63,22,21,22,21 ,22,21,22,21,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,21,22,63,22,1514,343,85,22 ,3652,343,85,22,3652,343,85,22,3651,343,85,22,3700

When I hit Send IR on the iLearn software it successfully transmits this IR command out of the blaster on the iTach - port 3.

So now I have to setup the screen below. As I stated, the device I am trying to setup is a line level IR unit from MCM (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It is not in the Brand dropdown. So what do I do to add this into Homeseer?

Also, when you say post the images of the devices, what exactly do you mean? A picture of the MCM unit? If so, that is in the Amazon link.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.18.34 PM.png
Views:	214
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1424933

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.18.41 PM.png
Views:	214
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1424935

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    Startup video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNl9XEPf6xY

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    Thanks for jumping in on this.

I do have the iLearn software from Global Cache downloaded. I am able to connect to the iTach and it does show data when I point a remote at the back of the iTach. I am not really sure what else to do with this app as the documentation is a little light.

Do I need to record the remote signal in this app and then cut and paste into Homeseer? I did try that a couple of times without any success but I really don't know what I am doing and I am fumbling in the dark as there is no HS3 documentation for the plugin that I can find.

The devices I am trying to control are a Tascam CD/Cassette player, a Tascam DAT player, and a IR volume control that I got on Amazon that is a line level generic setup.

If someone has the time to post the step by step that I need to go through in order to learn a command and then make it available to Homeseer that would be great?

Also, regarding the three ports on the back. First, I am assuming that port 1 is in the middle going to port 3 on the outside?

What is the difference between IR, Sensor and Blaster as port designations in Homeseer and why is blaster only available on port 3?

Thanks.
    Go through this document, it's quite old but may still apply : https://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/guides...che_Plugin.pdf

You also post here the images of the devices(Global Cache) you are trying to use so I can find you more information about them.

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Thanks for jumping in on this.

I do have the iLearn software from Global Cache downloaded. I am able to connect to the iTach and it does show data when I point a remote at the back of the iTach. I am not really sure what else to do with this app as the documentation is a little light.

Do I need to record the remote signal in this app and then cut and paste into Homeseer? I did try that a couple of times without any success but I really don't know what I am doing and I am fumbling in the dark as there is no HS3 documentation for the plugin that I can find.

The devices I am trying to control are a Tascam CD/Cassette player, a Tascam DAT player, and a IR volume control that I got on Amazon that is a line level generic setup.

If someone has the time to post the step by step that I need to go through in order to learn a command and then make it available to Homeseer that would be great?

Also, regarding the three ports on the back. First, I am assuming that port 1 is in the middle going to port 3 on the outside?

What is the difference between IR, Sensor and Blaster as port designations in Homeseer and why is blaster only available on port 3?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    I just hooked up a new iTach - downloaded and installed the GCPRO plugin. iLearn recognizes the device and I can get codes to show up in the window when I point a remote at the back of the iTach.

In the plugin I added the unit by IP.

I need to learn my remotes as none of them are in the list of brand/device options.

It looks like I need to start with a brand selected in order to learn a remote, so I selected another device from the brand I am trying to learn. Then in the next screen I add the function name, click learn, point the remote at the unit and get a string of numbers in the IR Code. I save this. Then when I test nothing happens.

I have played around with every option in the Configure ports. I don't actually know what the difference is between Sensor and IR?

I went through the docs and found the HS2 documentation but no HS3 documentation.

Any pointers would be great! Thanks
    Can you take a picture of all the devices (GC) you are trying to use? And also out source some information either on YouTube or on the GC website . I believe you need the IR learner device and software as well to store your codes. It's a process of coping the codes and then save them in HomeSeer before you can access them.

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    started a topic Not having much luck installing a new iTach

Not having much luck installing a new iTach

I just hooked up a new iTach - downloaded and installed the GCPRO plugin. iLearn recognizes the device and I can get codes to show up in the window when I point a remote at the back of the iTach.

In the plugin I added the unit by IP.

I need to learn my remotes as none of them are in the list of brand/device options.

It looks like I need to start with a brand selected in order to learn a remote, so I selected another device from the brand I am trying to learn. Then in the next screen I add the function name, click learn, point the remote at the unit and get a string of numbers in the IR Code. I save this. Then when I test nothing happens.

I have played around with every option in the Configure ports. I don't actually know what the difference is between Sensor and IR?

I went through the docs and found the HS2 documentation but no HS3 documentation.

Any pointers would be great! Thanks
Working...
X