How to utilize IR Sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to utilize IR Sensors?

I have not been able to find much on this topic, just a few fragments of discussion here and there:

I would like to use one or more of my GC100 IR connections as input sensors to trigger events based on IR commands from learning keypads. Can this plugin be configured to respond to specific IR codes?

If this is possible can someone point me to an idiots guide?

Thanks
    bhenderson

so i understand ....

you have some learning keypads, like a xantech LM1 smartpad or something, and you want to use these keypads to send its IR command, captured/received by the GC-100, which triggers an event in homeseer?

Comment

That's it except that it is a Russound setup. I can send IR (hardwired !) to the keypad inputs on the back of a Russound PR4Z (not PR4Zi, that would be tooooo easy) without difficulty. What I want is to be able to grab IR from the keypads (source changes, etc) , using the pass throug IR on the PR4Z to to trigger events.

So IR triggers using the plugin would be ideal.

bhenderson

Comment

yep, i went cheaper, i have the russound CA-LCD2 keypads and a CA4.4i and i have been thinking of ways to pull the IR and the keypad presses out of those. that will be a trick.

i ordered a GC-IRL today (and a GC-IRE but the GC-RG1 is not in stock) which most likely won't arrive until tuesday. i've got some ideas on this that i will try out when they arrive and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Two things as an update on the PR4Z (not PR4Zi):

First, I was not able to "Learn" all of the PR4Z commands using the GC-IRL. Only one half worked (volume up but not volume down). Go figure. I had to learn the 4Z remote into a Pronto and then translate those via the IR config/Learn utility (had a little problem with repeats that I posted and you may run across but that was a separate user error).

Second, the PR4Z sends an update to the keypads via separate connections/wires than it receives. So it should be possible to know the state and control each zone independently. So I'm just waiting for a plugin that will receive IR.

bhenderson

Comment

i got my GC-IRL Tuesday but haven't had a chance to hook it up.

but i have been thinking about how all this will work.

I also ordered the GC-IRE as i mentioned, and here's why (from the Global Cache website): GC-CXG connects a Xantech IR environment directly to the GC-IRE. An IR output from a Xantech distribution block is used as the GC-IRE input.

I was not able to get the GC-CXG yet. But i imagine this is the stuff we need. I will be goiong to the Orlando EHExpo and will be sitting in on the GC seminar. If i don't have my GC-CXG by then, I will be able to quiz them down on other methods.

Comment

Bwally

Ever get this to work. I'm finally getting back around to it. Have one IRE, can get data off of it via Hyperterminal testing method. Now I am looking at the plugin side. Here and with the Cinemar plugins.

Specifically, I am very interested in multiple (4) IREs for true multizone capability.

Tx
              Bhenderson

Comment

Working...
              X