GC-100 Plugin / IR Event Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC-100 Plugin / IR Event Issue

Hey gang. I'm a long time user of HomeSeer (since it's Keware days), but have recently re-discovered home automation and decided to integrate IR control to my home theather.

I have aquired a GC-100-06, GC-IRL and the Global Cache HS plugin. Everything went pretty smoothly as I installed all items and plugged in IR information. I was also able to test an IR code in the IR Config panel. Yet when I try to call the IR function in an event, it doesn't seem to work. :-/

Any help/advice/direction would be appreciated. I hope I'm just overlooking something.

Thanks,
    --P

Just kidding. . .sorta. . .

I ended up working the direction of calling a script and all appears to be working as expected. Still not sure why "Adding Command" in the IR tab for the event didn't work as expected though.

Happy enough to see functionality is available.

Comment

Is GC-IRL necesary?

Originally posted by ppalac

I have aquired a GC-100-06, GC-IRL and the Global Cache HS plugin.
      The GC-IRL is for learning IR codes, right? Is it necessary? Can't the GC-100-06 unit learn IR codes itself (by configuring one of the IR ports as an "input")?

Keith

Comment

No sir, at least not right outta the box with the GC-100-06. The 3 IR ports you mention are for only 'IR outputs' or 'sensor inputs'. I haven't played with any sensor stuff yet but can reference/quote the site.

Per GlobalCache (http://globalcache.com/support/quick...06-relays.html):

"Sensor Notifications are used to automatically signal changes in sensor state. Any connector configured as an input will send notification unless this feature is disabled."

It's my understanding that if you want to have the GC-100-06 to receive IR data, you'll need a GC-IRE and use the serial interface. Depending on the type of system in are integrating to, you may also have to acquire one of their converter cables.

--P

Comment

Originally posted by kmycek
          The GC-IRL is for learning IR codes, right? Is it necessary?
          My apologies, I neglected to respond to the questions regarding the GC-IRL. It is not necessary if you already have the IR codes for the hardware you want to control. Hmmmm, that said, I'm not entirely sure where you'd get the codes on the net (if not from a fellow peer). Perhaps RemoteCentral.com?

The GC-IRL made it easy to just point the remote, push the button, cut 'n paste the code into HS. . .test.

Comment

Working...
          X