No Locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Locations?

In the GC Infrared Signals setup, my location popup is empty. I expected to see a popup of items in my Infrared Signals Config.

I have the GC setup in HS
    I have 3 signals setup in the Infrared Signal Configuration
    I have the Gc learner working w/the GC utility
    I have 2 GC Infrared Zones setup
    I can see the GC from my browser...

Any ideas? Thanks. Using very latest HS and GC plugin

For whatever reasons, the GC Plugin didn't work right for me in 1.7. At least not working the way I had thought it was going to work. In the end, I defaulted to using a script to trigger the IR commands and all has been running smoothly.

I've just recently began the transition to HS 2.0 and the same script appears to be working fine. Have you tried that as an alternative to calling your IR commands?

Comment

ppalac,

any chance you can post a sample? I have written scripts but am not sure how to issue the IR command itself - do I hardcode the hex codes for the command in the script or reference them some other way?

thanks - this may solve my immediate problem.

Comment

Here's what I got (per sample code buried in the doc), hope it helps. Where Zone 1 is the GC-100, module 2, connecter 1. IR 0 references location 0 as defined on the IR Signals page. Using the code which was cut 'n pasted via a GC-IRL.

Sub Main
        dim gc
        set gc = nothing
        set gc = hs.Plugin("Global Cache GC100")

if gc is nothing then exit sub

gc.SetZone(1)
        gc.PlayIR(0)
        End Sub

Comment

Riley - the version of the GC plug-in put in the updater recently should address the empty location drop-down issue. There was a problem in the plug-in and with HS2 that when combined, caused the location list to be empty. With the new plug-in you will get location numbers, and with the next release of HomeSeer, you will get the HomeSeer location name (IR Signal device/key name) as assigned in HomeSeer's IR Signals page to appear next to the location number as well.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks!!!!

The locations are working now - THANKS! (*100)

Comment

Working...
            X