Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Starting GC-100

Hi,
    I have Homeseer V2.x with the GC-100 plug in and a GC-100-12 connected OK on IP address 192.168.2.100, access OK from Homeseer and a network browser, everything else pretty much default. I am trying to set up the infrared devices on that IP address, module 4, connector 1, which is correct according to the GC data. I keep getting the following error message below each line on the IR zone setup page:
    Zone 1 Living Room IP192.168.2.100 Module 4 Connector 1
    The above referenced module and connector does not appear to be valid.
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I must say that the data available to setup HS with the GC-100 is very sparse. One or two worked-through real-life examples would be really, really welcome!!

Problem solved

OK, this problem is fixed.
    What had happened was that I had changed the IP address of the GC100 twice, once from the default, and again when the Cat-5 cable had been moved on the router. Homeseer does not seem to be able to handle more than one change of IP address on the same GC100 line on the GC configuration screen. You can tell that HS is continuing to use an invalid IP address because of Winsock errors reported in the HS popup box when reloading Homeseer. What appears to work is adding a line with the new address and then deleting the line on the GC config screen with the old IP address. I was led to this fix because on the first plug-in reload, the config line in HS defaulted not to the default IP address, but to the intermediate one that I had entered previously.

I reinstalled the plug-in several times during the debug phase, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. However, having a GC100 listed with an invalid IP address does cause Winsock errors on HS start-up, and I don't know if this is corrupting something in HS, which might necessitate a reload of the plug-in.

I wonder if this is the cause of other GC100 non-functioning incidents?

Comment

Chris,

I find that when I do a lot of house keeping in the GC100 configuration screens, I need to shut down HS/2 and restart. Just like your IP issues, the plugin seems to get a little confused, and I get the winsock warnings poping up in the log.
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Same thing just happened to me - couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the GC100 to work - thought I was daft - read the instructions many times and then happened to google the error on the IR page - I created a new GC at the new IP address and the restarted, deleted the old incorrect one, and suddenly HS started recognising all my GC100 modules - that took some working out. I agree, the instructions for this plugin are very sparse

Comment

Working...
        X