Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Menu Links and Files

Question:

The documentation indicates that after the GC100 plugin is installed there is a menu link that you can create IR Zones with. This menu is missing. I've reinstalled several times and no go.

Also after installing the IR Receiver plugin there is supposed to be a file in the updates folder that is called IR Learner. That file is missing also.

I remember seing a screen shot that showed manual IR codes entered in the Global Cache syntax for IR matching etc. That link or menu option is not available also.

Lastly the .ini file that holds the Global Cache IR Codes that should show in the IR receiver config page is missing. If I had that file and its syntax I could manually enter codes in but I don't know what its format is.

So either the plugin installers are badly compiled or they have changed and the documentation is out dated.

Any help would be appreciated as this is very frustrating.

Shut down HomeSeer and restart and see if there are any errors in the HomeSeer log file concerning the GC plugin.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No errors.

Comment

BTW

both virtual directory or web pages are missing

/gc_irs
        /gc_irz

Comment

Are the links listed under the plug-ins link? Are you running HomeSeer as a service?

Comment

did install the service yet as I've restarted the thing so many times troubleshooting that it was easier to close and reopen manually for now.

Besides the default tabs and menu at the tope I have the following links:

Global Cache Configuration and the Insteon Configuration.

No other links.

Comment

running ver. 2.3 btw.

I have a funny feeling if you just simply sent me the two aspx pages gc_irz and gc_irs respectively (assuming they reside in the html directory) then the problem would be solved. This assumes that once I have those files that the gc_irs page once a code is entered it will create the .ini file that is missing.

Comment

running as service, no change.

enable pages in setup to show the plugins and tools tab and IR Signals.

Still no links.

Comment

I noticed you put in a help desk ticket. Let's let Rich investigate. I know there are many users using this plugin so I wonder if the installer is missing some files during a recent update.

I asked if you were running as a service because many plugins have problems installing when HomeSeer is running as a service. There's no need to run as a service unless you have to.

Comment

Yeah I did and like a good mod you deleted my cross posts!!! LOL!

Sorry about that. I was so frustrated I wanted to make sure it was in the right place to get exposure.

What an idiot I am!!!!

I didn't enable the GC-100 as the IR interface in the interfaces setup. after I did that and restarted viola!

They really need to add that in the documentation as I comb through every tech note I can find and until I did a search on this forum there was nothing to that effect. In fact the one thing I found didn't explain where it was to enable it I just realized after I read it where it was at.

Still the IR Learner doesn't load but I'm not using it anyway so for now I'm good.

Lastly how much dev have you done on this app? How far can I take it? I ask because I bought a copy of this about a year or so back. We had planned to use it for clients in simple installs where Crestron was too costly for the client. However I've found the documentation to be a little lacking. With that said rather than reinvent the wheel I'd like to develop our own GUI and a couple plugins. Any comments appreciated and thanks for taking the time to post it makes a difference when fellow users/developers help out.

Positive experience on this board!!

Comment

Turns out it was an...

ID 10 T error (if you are a computer guy you'll get that)

Comment

One last thing so if I just run at startup rather than service you think that is better?

Or, is a service fine but shut it down when installing updates/plugins.

Comment

If anyone knows...

I'm able to enter a command and then create manual script and fire the IR command no problem. Works just perfect.

My problem is this:

On the GC IR Receiver Plugin I click config and in doing so there are no entries in teh command database. I need the commands in there as that would be the only way HS can detect the signal and then fire an even by condition.

If I new the format of this ini file I could create a manual test. anyone know or have an example of the GCIRReceiverCommands.ini file (I think it is in the config dir).

Comment

I don't use this plugin but do you not have to use the IR learner hardware and learn the signals first?

Comment

From what I can see you can manually enter in the IR signals. I have done this and have successfully fired off manual events that turned my receiver on and off for example.

However the .ini that the GC IR Receiver looks to for codes isn't getting populated. I have a strange suspicion that it can only populate from teh IR Learner app and GC-IRL. If that is so I only need the syntax for that ini file.

Once I have that I can write my own plugin. Basically I have no desired to re-learn all the IR codes I've already learned.

I'll gladly build a FREE plugin to output to that file from the manual codes entered if I can just get the syntax.

I see no way to match IR signals without that ini file having the command already in there. If you fire IR right now HS sees it but it errors with "IR Command Not in Database" or essentially not in that ini file.

Comment

Working...
                              X