Serial and GC100 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial and GC100 Plugin

I have a GC100 and HSPRO. I can see how the IR and Relay ports link to devices in HS.

I spoke with Global Cache today as I was trying to get the redirector software (Lantronix) to map COM7 to my GC on 10.0.1.6:4999 - however, support at GC tells me that HS does not need any redirection - it can forward data to 10.0.1.6:4999 as a HS device using the plugin, however he could not fully explain to me how to do this.

So, can anyone help me - how do I create a device for my serial port in HS that can talk to my GC100 on 10.0.1.6:4999?

Thanks for any advice

Jon

Hello Jon,

What you'll need to do, is go to HS Setup and then go to the Interface tab. Select GC100 Configuration settings, and enter your GC100 IP and port address there.

See my example below. Please note that I didn't change the default port, so it isn't displayed.
    Attached Files
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I see - so the tick in Mod 1 indicates that the serial port is present?
      Thanks for your help
      Jon

Comment

That's correct.
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I think the next step is to register a script but I'm not clear on this either - I have the GC100 Plugin PDF printed out now, but it does assume a level of script knowledge. I am pretty technically capable, but unsure on scripts. Are there any pointers you can give me to get off in the right direction?

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X