Global Cache plug-in Version 4 now availalble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache plug-in Version 4 now availalble

A BETA of our new Global Cache plug-in is now available in the updater.

This is a total re-write of this plug-in and it supports all the Global Cached devices including the GC-100-6, GC-100-12, and all the iTach devices including the contact closure devices. It uses the same infrared database file as the previous plug-in so none of your infrared codes are lost.

Some changes include:

* Easier to configure the units, supports multiple units
    * Auto discovery of units on your network

See the help file included with the unit for more information.

This plugin requires HomeSeer version 2.5.0.28 or later which is available from our downloads page at homeseer.com.

If you try this plug-in, please post any issues you find.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Awesome news Rich, i have had this on my back burner for a bit since setting up my initial gc unit, so i will try this out over the weekend.

Comment

Install Error

Rich,

Could not install update:

8/18/2011 12:40:00 AM Updater Error Installation of package Global Cache GC100/iTach Plug-In BETA failed. Installation will be attempted the next time the application is started.
      8/18/2011 12:40:00 AM Updater Error This package requires version 2.5.0.28 of HomeSeer, and you have version 2.5.0.23 so the installation will not continue.

I couldn't find required version. Does it exist?

Jack

Comment

Same problem for me; I think it requires HS2 version 28, but does it work for HSPRO 23?

Comment

Sorry about this, it does require a new build of HS since we made a minor change to the infrared API. See the original post, I updated it with links to the latest HS. This HS build will be on our downloads page shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Sorry about this, it does require a new build of HS since we made a minor change to the infrared API. See the original post, I updated it with links to the latest HS. This HS build will be on our downloads page shortly.

Hi Rich.

I got it to install and now have errors in my log from a script i use to send data to the serial port on the device.

[COLOR=#FF0000]Running script, script run or compile error in file: LCD Display Text 4 Lines424:Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)' in line 295 More info: Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)'

This is the bit in the script?
            has the plugin name changed.

[COLOR=Black]DIM GC
            DIM GC
            DIM SerIdx
            DIM SerResult
            DIM cmd
            Set GC = Nothing
            Set GC = hs.Plugin("Global Cache GC100")
            if GC is Nothing then Exit Sub
            'hs.WriteLog "Debug", "Got the plugin"
            SerIdx = 1

EDIT....

ok i fixed this by changing the line Set GC = hs.Plugin("Global Cache GC100")
            to Set GC = hs.Plugin("Global Cache")

but now i get

18/08/2011 23:38:00 Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: LCD Display Text 4 Lines450:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'GC.SendSerialData' in line 339 More info: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'GC.SendSerialData'

line 339 is

SerResult = GC.SendSerialData(1,SerIdx, cmd)

I think i am not connected to the device as the search will not find my device so i added it.

in the log i get

18/08/2011 23:38:00 Global Cache Device 1 192.168.0.234: result is 0

is this the connection?

also the device was lost during the update and all my codes are now blank?

thanks for your help in advance.

Greig.
            Last edited by enigmatheatre; August 18, 2011, 06:25 PM.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Try this DLL (save to your HS folder). It looks like the plugin was not registered for COM use, which is what your script is using.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...LOBALCACHE.dll

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              Hi Rich.

I got it to install and now have errors in my log from a script i use to send data to the serial port on the device.

[COLOR=#FF0000]Running script, script run or compile error in file: LCD Display Text 4 Lines424:Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)' in line 295 More info: Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)'

This is the bit in the script?
              has the plugin name changed.

[COLOR=Black]DIM GC
              DIM GC
              DIM SerIdx
              DIM SerResult
              DIM cmd
              Set GC = Nothing
              Set GC = hs.Plugin("Global Cache GC100")
              if GC is Nothing then Exit Sub
              'hs.WriteLog "Debug", "Got the plugin"
              SerIdx = 1

EDIT....

ok i fixed this by changing the line Set GC = hs.Plugin("Global Cache GC100")
              to Set GC = hs.Plugin("Global Cache")

but now i get

18/08/2011 23:38:00 Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: LCD Display Text 4 Lines450:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'GC.SendSerialData' in line 339 More info: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'GC.SendSerialData'

line 339 is

I think i am not connected to the device as the search will not find my device so i added it.

in the log i get

18/08/2011 23:38:00 Global Cache Device 1 192.168.0.234: result is 0

is this the connection?

also the device was lost during the update and all my codes are now blank?

thanks for your help in advance.

Greig.

Comment

Try this DLL (save to your HS folder). It looks like the plugin was not registered for COM use, which is what your script is using.

Rich

I replaced the dll and i still get the same error.
                If i change the line line 339

to

SerResult = GC.SendSerialData(SerIdx, cmd)

As i used to have it in my script i dont get this error but I get

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">19/08/2011 14:57:19 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Global Cache Error </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Unable to send data: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</td></tr></tbody></table>
                I changed it to the 3 p
                arameters as it looks to be this in the help file.

gcUnit_Num = 1
                GCMod = 1
                data = cmd

also to let you know after restarting HS I am now able to search and find the device.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Looks like the Send command was overloaded, which may not work with COM so I removed the one with 2 parameters, so now only the 3 parameter one is left. Here is the prototype for the function:

'this function sends data through a Global Cache serial port
                  'gcUnit_Num is the device number, GCMod is the serial number (1 or 2), and data is the data to send
                  'returns true if successful, false is failed
                  Public Function SendSerialData(ByVal gcUnit_Num As Integer, ByVal GCMod As Integer, ByVal data As String) As Boolean

Download the dll from here:

Rich

I replaced the dll and i still get the same error.
                  If i change the line line 339

to

SerResult = GC.SendSerialData(SerIdx, cmd)

As i used to have it in my script i dont get this error but I get

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">19/08/2011 14:57:19 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Global Cache Error </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Unable to send data: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</td></tr></tbody></table>
                  I changed it to the 3 p
                  arameters as it looks to be this in the help file.

gcUnit_Num = 1
                  GCMod = 1
                  data = cmd

also to let you know after restarting HS I am now able to search and find the device.

Greig.

Comment

Rich

That worked.

I changed the dll then remover my device then added it again with the search and all is now working. I have all my IR comands and the serial ou works to.

Thank you very much for your help.

Is there any plans to receive ir in to the devices?

Also can you tell me if there are any other changes in the 2.5.0.29 build?

Greig.

Looks like the Send command was overloaded, which may not work with COM so I removed the one with 2 parameters, so now only the 3 parameter one is left. Here is the prototype for the function:

'this function sends data through a Global Cache serial port
                    'gcUnit_Num is the device number, GCMod is the serial number (1 or 2), and data is the data to send
                    'returns true if successful, false is failed
                    Public Function SendSerialData(ByVal gcUnit_Num As Integer, ByVal GCMod As Integer, ByVal data As String) As Boolean

Download the dll from here:

Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Not sure I follow in the recieve IR? Global Cache has an IR receiver module, but we have not had good luck with it so we dropped the support of it.

Rich

That worked.

I changed the dll then remover my device then added it again with the search and all is now working. I have all my IR comands and the serial ou works to.

Thank you very much for your help.

Is there any plans to receive ir in to the devices?

Also can you tell me if there are any other changes in the 2.5.0.29 build?

Greig.

Comment

Initialization error during HS2 startup

Following un HS2 upgrade to .29 and a plugin upgrade to 4.0.0.1 i started getting the following error and at the same time it was impossible to "enable" the "Infrared" functionality on the Interface Tab, although the "Other" functionality was enabled as expected.

Although i reverted back to previous vesion of the plugin (3.0.0.8) & HS2 (xx.23) i kept having exactly the same odd responces.

I even tried to uninstall the plugin completely (i.e. Shutting down HS2, unregisterring, deleting all HSPI_GlobalCache.dll & relevant licences & finally registerring) and re-running HS2 i still kept getting the same message during start up, although no plugin was found or seen on the intefaces tab.

Please note that i do have a valid licence.

Can anybody help on this???????????/

9/17/2011 1:59:38 PM - Error - Unable to initialize Infrared interface Global Cache GC1 :Either no license or trial has expired
                        9/17/2011 1:59:38 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface Global Cache GC1

here is the rest of the relevant startup log.

9/17/2011 1:59:38 PM - Startup - Creating ASP.NET application host...
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---------------------------------------------------------
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - Device is at 192.168.2.210 and is named AC AC
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 1 is type 1 Serial on port 4999 and is version
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 2 is type 3 Input/Infrared on port 4998 and is version
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 1 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 2 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 3 is type Sensor Input and has a state value of 1
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---------------------------------------------------------
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - Device is at 192.168.2.211 and is named TV TV
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 1 is type 1 Serial on port 4999 and is version
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 2 is type 3 Input/Infrared on port 4998 and is version
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 1 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 2 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 3 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                        9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Startup - ASP.NET application host created

Comment

Installed the latest version of Global Cache (4.0.0.1) I am using iTach IP2IR with HS Pro 2.5.0.29. Cannot get it to work, even though it worked fine with the old version of the plug-in. I get this error message in the log, when I send a command: "Failed to send IR command: Index was outside the bounds of the array." What do I need to do to try to fix? Can I get back to the old version? Thanks. Elliott
                          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                            Installed the latest version of Global Cache (4.0.0.1) I am using iTach IP2IR with HS Pro 2.5.0.29. Cannot get it to work, even though it worked fine with the old version of the plug-in. I get this error message in the log, when I send a command: "Failed to send IR command: Index was outside the bounds of the array." What do I need to do to try to fix? Can I get back to the old version? Thanks. Elliott
                            Are you sending the command via an event?

Comment

Rupp: Thanks. I think I have fixed the problem. Upgrading to the new Global Cache plug-in nicely deleted all the codes that I had entered on the Infrared Signal Configuration page. I have some saved in text files, but not all. Is there a file somewhere that holds the IR signal information? Elliott
                              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X