No announcement yet.

Global Cache plug-in Version 4 now availalble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having issues with the plugin overwriting existing devices using the "[" prefix.

The Vista Alarm plugin also used the "[" for its device codes.

Luckily I backup my database on a regular basis so no big deal, but it would have been a total pain in the but to have to create all the lost alarm zones that were over written.

I see from the GlobalCacheV4.ini file is it possible to change the device code on a per-GlobalCache device basis.

I only have 1 at the moment but plan to add others so I tested manually adding a second. It again used the "[" and overwrote my alarm zones.

[Device 1]
    Name=gc1-office
    IP=10.10.0.47
    code=] ----------> I changed this and then restored by homeseer database
    Offset=0
    Module 0=0 ETHERNET
    Module 1=3 RELAY
    Modules=1
    Relay_1=Enabled
    Relay_2=Enabled
    Relay_3=Disabled
    Serial_1=,,
    Serial_2=,,
    [General]
    Number=2
    [Device 2]
    Name=23234
    IP=10.10.0.46
    code=[ ---------> This is the new one (testing). It again overwrote my alarm devices
    Offset=0

Is there any way to set this globally for the plugin to avoid this happening again?

Thanks!

Comment

New HSPro Installation / Global Cache Issue

I've just setup my first HSPro box and installed IP2IR module.

I'm getting the error "unable to initialize Infrared interface Global Cac :Either no license or trial has expired"
      The icon under "Infrared" stays "disabled", and "other" is enabled.

HSPPro 2.5.0.52
      HSPI_GLOBALCACHE.dll 4.0.0.7

There was a previous reference to this in this thread, but I didn't see the solution....

Comment

Anyone got this working with LG air conditioners?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Global Cache problem solved by support ticket response. (Way fast response on support ticket. Less than an hour!)

Google Chrome was what I was using on my desktop computer.
          Logged in with IE, went back to Interfaces and clicked on "disabled" again.
          Bingo- enabled it. Looks like a form post problem or something.
          Not the first time I've ran into issues like this with Chrome or Firefox...

Comment

how to control an iTran ir code from a UPB button

i have the itran working from the gui

i need to be able to trigger an ir code from a UPB device. i see nothing on the global cache site or in this forum

my homeseer system has the global cache plug working and i can trigger the IR from the GUI. i do not know how to link UPB buttons to it as one programs the UPB from a separate UPSTART program and not inside homeseer

Comment

soln found

i was able to get a soln , but no reply from this forum (; it seems no activity especially from support staff

Comment

Originally posted by waninae39 View Post
                i was able to get a soln , but no reply from this forum (; it seems no activity especially from support staff
                The staff rarily visits these forums. If you need direct help from the staff your best bet is the paid support forums.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was having connection issues with the earlier versions of this plugin.
                  After a help desk ticket they were subsequently fixed in that the plugin would try and reconnect as soon as it had disconnected, and not give up if there was no connection.

This appears to have been lost from future versions, could this be readded so that I can maintain an updated plugin?

Thanks
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                    I was having connection issues with the earlier versions of this plugin.
                    After a help desk ticket they were subsequently fixed in that the plugin would try and reconnect as soon as it had disconnected, and not give up if there was no connection.

This appears to have been lost from future versions, could this be readded so that I can maintain an updated plugin?

Thanks
                    You need to reopen that ticket as the HomeSeer techs most likely will never see this post.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by ROMYLOS View Post
                      Following un HS2 upgrade to .29 and a plugin upgrade to 4.0.0.1 i started getting the following error and at the same time it was impossible to "enable" the "Infrared" functionality on the Interface Tab, although the "Other" functionality was enabled as expected.

Although i reverted back to previous vesion of the plugin (3.0.0.8) & HS2 (xx.23) i kept having exactly the same odd responces.

I even tried to uninstall the plugin completely (i.e. Shutting down HS2, unregisterring, deleting all HSPI_GlobalCache.dll & relevant licences & finally registerring) and re-running HS2 i still kept getting the same message during start up, although no plugin was found or seen on the intefaces tab.

Please note that i do have a valid licence.

Can anybody help on this???????????/

9/17/2011 1:59:38 PM - Error - Unable to initialize Infrared interface Global Cache GC1 :Either no license or trial has expired
                      9/17/2011 1:59:38 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface Global Cache GC1

here is the rest of the relevant startup log.

9/17/2011 1:59:38 PM - Startup - Creating ASP.NET application host...
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---------------------------------------------------------
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - Device is at 192.168.2.210 and is named AC AC
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 1 is type 1 Serial on port 4999 and is version
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 2 is type 3 Input/Infrared on port 4998 and is version
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 1 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 2 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 3 is type Sensor Input and has a state value of 1
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---------------------------------------------------------
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - Device is at 192.168.2.211 and is named TV TV
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 1 is type 1 Serial on port 4999 and is version
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ---Module 2 is type 3 Input/Infrared on port 4998 and is version
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 1 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 2 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Global Cache GC100 - ------Connector 3 is type Infrared Output and has a state value of 0
                      9/17/2011 1:59:59 PM - Startup - ASP.NET application host created
                      This is an old post, but I just encountered the same problem. To remedy, I had to do the following:

1. Delete the following files from the Config directory: IR-Labels.ini, IR-Zones.1, IR-Zones.2, IR-Zones.3, IR-Zones.ini, Global Cache.lf, GlobalCacheIR.dat & GlobalCacheV4.ini.

2. Delete the following files from the Config/licenses directory: Global Cache_v2.lf.

3. Delete the Global Cache GC100 folder from the Updates2 folder.

4. Use updater to perform a fresh install of the plug-in and restart.

5. Enable the Infrared interface on the setup page.

6. Enable the Other interface on the setup page.

7. Register the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                      X