iTech WF2IR and the BC4-BX4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTech WF2IR and the BC4-BX4

Do you need the Infrared Enabled? When ever I enable the Infrared on the Global Cache, the one on the BC4 disables. Anyone know why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeSeerIR.gif
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1204691

HomeSeer can only support one IR controller at a time so this is why one of them is disabled.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Does that mean I can't use the Global Cache if I still want to use the BC4?

Comment

Does your BC4 contain the IR unit? HomeSeer will only work with one IR controller.

Comment

I guess, It send IR commands to my living room media. I wanted another unit to send thing to my bedroom TV. So I can't do that?

Comment

No but why two units? Can't one or the other work for all your IR?

Comment

The UltraGCIR HSPI supports the Global Cache products and works along side any other IR plug-in.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                The UltraGCIR HSPI supports the Global Cache products and works along side any other IR plug-in.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                So Ultra, your plugin allows a user to use two IR devices at the same time?

Comment

The UltraGCIR HSPI does not use the HomeSeer IR API. It supports multiple Global Cache IR devices. It also allows a HomeSeer user to use any of the other plug-ins that support the HomeSeer IR API (excluding the HomeSeer Global Cache GC100/iTach plug-in).

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Last edited by Ultrajones; March 1, 2012, 07:45 PM.
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraJones, thanks. I bought the UltraGCIR HSPI, a little steep in price, but I guess it is worth it if it solves my problem.

It worked fine but I did see a small issue (or area for improvement). Some of the commands copied form iLearn, add spaces and if you do not delete the spaces, it will not work. An edit in the "hspi_ultragcir.aspx", removing the spaces, works.

Is there any easy way or a trick to get the iLearn to see the input from the remote? It seems to be just luck. I wish there was a learn button I could click then send the command and have it tell me if it did not recieve it.

Comment

Working...
                    X