global cache basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

global cache basics

I would like some help sending a string of characters over one of the comports of a global cache unit using homeseer. If i can get someone to help me write the code that sends the text "FrontDoorBell", i will help to inflate your paypal account I am trying to get commands from Homeseer sent through a GC100 to a crestron controller. I will keep looking through the introduction and the web to find how to do this. but if anyone can spare a couple lines of code that will send that, it would save me a great deal of time.

Thank you

How far have you gotten with this? I have not used a serial port on a GC100 but I know that if you use the serial version of the iTach you will need to install serial port emulation software on the HomeSeer box for it to connect to the remote serial port (check the product sales page on HomeSeer.com).

Once you have the serial port emulation going it should relatively straight forward to open a serial port in HS scripting and send the text.

Let me know how far you are and perhaps it will be easier to guide you.
    Nicolai L

Comment

I was trying to use the homeseer plugin instead of installing another application on my homeseer box, but it is what it is. Now that i have the correct serial port emulator (VSPE) i am going to start working with sending simple commands and eventually graduate to building a plugin (lord help me).

Thanks for getting back so quickly

Comment

You're welcome.

The plugin is used for the IR part of the GC device. There is another plugin for the contact closure GC devices, but I guess they didn't wan to create a plugin just to emulate what the VSPE drivers do. Especially since that part is probably OS specific.
        Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
        X