Help with GC wifi to serial adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with GC wifi to serial adaptor

I am pretty new to HS but have achieved some good results. I have come unstuck with this one as I am finding a lack of information on the end to end solution.

I have the GC WF2SL and am having trouble finding any good information on how to ue this with Homeseer, the GC website says it is compatible and to log a ticket with HS for help.

From what I can gather I need to use some software to map the device to a serial port and then I guess I need to script command to the device?

Any held or advise you can provide would be great. I am wanting the control my projector with this device, I have the RS232 commands for each function I just cant figure out how to pull it all together.

Thanks again.

If you are using it with a Z-Troller, you use the iHelp software to configure it.
    If you are using it with some other device, you might need the port redirection software installed:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P868.aspx
    HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks rmasonjr, I don't have z-troller, but I have connected the device to the pc and it is a com port ready for use. My issue now is how do I use the com port in homeseer to send commands to turn the projector on/off. Thanks

Comment

Gotcha - so, for that you'll need to write a script that uses hs.opencomport and hs.sendtocomport to open/send commands. Search around the board for those commands and you should find some good examples.
        HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
        68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will have a look around and see what I can find.

Comment

Working...
          X