gc 100 wont configure correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gc 100 wont configure correctly

This updated version of the global cache plugin does not allow for the updates of IR codes from within the plugin. The only way to change an IR code once it is added is to delete the code from the IR Signals page, go back to the Global Cache Config page and re-add it.

For changing the IR, the process as I mentioned above is accurate however, to change the IR address, it is not. The plug in appears to NOT allow you to change the location, or port, where the IR signal is sent. The only place it lets you send the IR is to 1:1. Any attempt to change that to 1:2, 1:3, 2:1, 2:2, or 2:3, will simply revert back to 1:1.

This is confirmed to be true on any browser, Chrome, iOS, Android, Safari, IE on MacOS or Windows 7.

ANother update... It appears that this plugin does not send IR commands to the other 5 ports of the GC. I tried to send to it to ports 2-6 and the command does not register.

I did this by manually trying to set the address by opening up the Global Cach Config.DAT file and changing the #ADDR# attribute to a hard coded 1:2. I also tried other addresses as well with no lock.

The unit is confirmed to be working using the GC testing software
    Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; January 21, 2013, 07:10 PM.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
    For changing the IR, the process as I mentioned above is accurate however, to change the IR address, it is not. The plug in appears to NOT allow you to change the location, or port, where the IR signal is sent. The only place it lets you send the IR is to 1:1. Any attempt to change that to 1:2, 1:3, 2:1, 2:2, or 2:3, will simply revert back to 1:1.
    Ditto. Noticed this a long time ago.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Re: gc 100 wont configure correctly

How did you get around this?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
        How did you get around this?
        Just as you did. I deleted the old and replaced with new. However, this did not or does not fix the issue of the use of IR/Sensor 2 and IR/Sensor 3. Instead, I use a PowerMid and send everything through IR/Sensor 1 via the PowerMid.

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Bummer!

Can you issue a bug report? If lots of people issue them we can get some faster traction.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

OK, after some time with GC, I FOUND THE ISSUE!!!

The modules for IR are 4 and 5 SO, in your send IR statement, it needs to read either of these six:

4:1, 4:2, 4:3, 5:1, 5:2, 5:3

These correlate to IR ports 1 - 6 where 1 is the IR port to the far left (towards the contact closures)

Now, this does NOT fix the issue in the plugin where you CAN'T set those ports correctly through the plugin NOR, can you update the IR without having to delete it and recreate. Also, in order to send the IR to the right ports, you HAVE to edit the "GlobalCacheIR.dat" file using Notepad. In there you will see the #ADDR# attribute in the string. There you need to replace #ADDR# with the port you want to use, 4:1-5:3, as shown above.

Hopefully, HS can fix that but in the meantime, here is a workaround...

Comment

Thank you!

Elliott

Comment

Yeah, not being able to update the IR codes is a bummer with this plugin.

However, concerning the IR ports, the trick with this plugin is to use zones. In the GC plug-in's configuration page, in the IR/Sensors "Zone" field box, enter a zone number and update.Then chose which IR commands will go to that zone # and walla, you can use any/all of the IR ports on the global cache.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Yes, I think I am still getting errors there when there are multiple GC's in the installation and you have to mix and match the IR code.

For example, you should be able to send the code of one STB to any port on any GC so you don't have to learn that code for EACH zone. You should be able to simply send that learned code to X GC on Y Port. That is not working...

Also, once you set one IR in the IR learned page into a Zone, you can't change it. I have issued a ticket. If you have issues, PLEASE issue a ticket so Wade or Rich or Greg can look at it.

Comment

The plug-in actually has its own conversion process which eliminates having to assign a module/port assignment for every IR code. In some ways this makes sense because after creating your IR codes you won't have to change them if you later wanted to use them on a different GC-100 port or use them in multiple rooms. You would just assign the IR code to the zone# for each respective port.

So for example for every single IR code you create., you will only use "sendir,1:1," & then of course the remaining code. That's it. You'll never create a code with "sendir,2:2" or any other module/port assignment of the GC-100. HS just wants to see "sendir,1:1," and it then uses the zone numbers you have chosen for each IR port.

So if you populated IR/Sensor 6 to zone 6 (or whatever zone # you choose in the plugins drop-down list) you would then give the learned IR code a device name like "dvd player" & a signal name like "rewind" and then assign that device name to zone 6. Now all devices named with "dvd player" will emit out of port 6.

I can post screen captures of my setup if you'd like. I have 2 GC-100's on my network. I use the same code(s) for all my u-verse stb in multiple rooms on different ports by simply assigning a different device name & signal zone#.

Mark

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I've got a questionregarding IR and the GC-100S.

Recently I bought 5 GC100-12 units of eBay and there at global cache getting tested and firmware updates..

I'm excited and understand how to use the serial over IP, as well the contact switchs to control low voltage contacts.

BUT, I'm lost on understanding the capabilities of IR through the GC-100 with HS installed on a media server pc.

My desire and application is that I have several media zones (theater, bedrooms, outdoor lanai, etc...) and all the hardware in a media closet.

Three functions I would like to perform;
                      1) To relay all the IR signal from each media zone to its respective hardware device in the media closet.
                      2) Have HS monitor IR signals from each media zone so I can create triggers based on status change or demand.
                      3 Have HS send IR signals to all devices both in the media closet and the TV's in each media zone.

I plan on allocating a GC-100-12 to each media zone/closet but I'm unsure what IR Receivers and Blasters to use that will meet the above desired uses.

I've tried to search this form and other forms, even called Global Cache but just can't understand how all comes together with HS.

Any help, suggestions, or even better web links or manuals that would educate me would be most appreciated.

Charlie
                      Last edited by CharlieWayne; January 25, 2013, 07:15 AM. Reason: Typo :(
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                        I've got a questionregarding IR and the GC-100S.

Recently I bought 5 GC100-12 units of eBay and there at global cache getting tested and firmware updates..

I'm excited and understand how to use the serial over IP, as well the contact switchs to control low voltage contacts.

BUT, I'm lost on understanding the capabilities of IR through the GC-100 with HS installed on a media server pc.

My desire and application is that I have several media zones (theater, bedrooms, outdoor lanai, etc...) and all the hardware in a media closet.

Three functions I would like to perform;
                        1) To relay all the IR signal from each media zone to its respective hardware device in the media closet.
                        2) Have HS monitor IR signals from each media zone so I can create triggers based on status change or demand.
                        3 Have HS send IR signals to all devices both in the media closet and the TV's in each media zone.

I plan on allocating a GC-100-12 to each media zone/closet but I'm unsure what IR Receivers and Blasters to use that will meet the above desired uses.

I've tried to search this form and other forms, even called Global Cache but just can't understand how all comes together with HS.

Any help, suggestions, or even better web links or manuals that would educate me would be most appreciated.

Charlie
                        Not sure I can be of much help, but I'm doing pretty much what you want with a Xantech IR distribution system and a Slink-e that will be replaced with the GC-100. The GC-100 is the link between HS and units or actions you are controlling with IR. I'm using Xantech IR receivers in each room, connected to a Xantech 4 zone amp in my media closet. The IR emitters are plugged into the appropriate zone and attached to the front of my equipment. The GC-100 is (will be) attached to the Xantech amp and just acts like another receiver or emitter. Using learned IR codes, I have a number of events used to control the whole house audio. Using the plug-in, I send the code to a device in the selected zone. Or, since I have receivers in each room, along with the device remote, I can control actions directly from the remote. I have not done so, but could have HS "listened" for a remote code from a zone receiver and fire an event(s) when that learned code is received.

In your case, I think the GC-100s will also take the place of my Xantech amp. You will need a GC-100 assigned to each zone, equipped with a GC receiver (GC-RG1) and at least one emitter/blaster (GC-BL2). It also means you will need - for the room receiver - wiring from the room to your media closet. I'm not sure if there are distance limits on the GC receiver wiring. I'd send them a note and ask. The alternative is a mix of Xantech connectors or an amp setup like I have. The room receiver could also be accomplished with iTech wireless equipment, but I've assumed you just want to use the GC-100s.

Hope this helps a little. Feel free to ask questions.
                        Barry

Comment

I didn't realize last night that I might have high-jacked the OPs thread with my off topic questions.

So I have started my own thread and apologize.

Heres the Thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...34#post1051534

If anyone can help in addition to Barrys comments I would be most grateful.

Charlie
                          HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Working...
                          X