Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WF2IR and Homeseer

Hi all,
    I am trying to get the itach/global cache "WIFI 2 IR" to work with my Homeseer Pro installation.

I have setup the controller and Homeseer can see it, I use the iLearn software to grab the commands then feed them into Homeseer.

Each time I use iTest, the lights on each of the ports light up, but each time I use the learned commands in Homeseer is simply does nothing.

The configuration screen has a link "View IR Signals to set zone of devices" that seems like it should allow me to create zones - but each time I type a name for the zone and click enter, it just reloads the same screen.

Again, if I take Homeseer out of the equation, the commands all fire and control the TV, Media Center, xBox without issue. I simply can't get this plugin working - and the manual is sooooo different to the actual plugin it's ridiculous.

Any help would be far better than what I have at my disposal.

Regards,
    Geoff.

Ok, now I have enabled the Infrared in Internet Explorer and now able to set zones.

But now I have an option in the interfaces to select which com port for the ir controller - it's wifi, what's the com port for a wifi device? Who comes up with this stuff? Anyway, can't even guess this one. There are no documents and no configuration files remotely talking about a wifi com port.

Assistance is greatly needed and appreciated.

Workaround selecting Infrared: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155824

Comment

Here's some hope.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139272

I'll give it a try.

Comment

I don't have one of these but I do have a Wifi-Serial port.
        To use it I needed to install some software that would convert the IP (telnet) stream to a virtual COM port.

Tricky to set up but it works and works really well.

www.hw-group.com

they make free software for windows.
        Hardware Group Virtual Serial Port

Before settling on this, I tried about 15 others....

Perhaps this is the same thing for your device.

Good luck! Let me know if you get mad and want to sell it for cheap! hehe

Comment

Working...
        X