GC100 Works but looses HS Connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC100 Works but looses HS Connection?

I've been after this awhile and need some help. I wish I had a watchdog piece of code to tell me when HS stops getting inputs from my GC100 or I wish the problem solved. When I startup HS everything is working as expected. But at sometime later the same external inputs to my GC100 don't get picked up by HS. Investigation has found the GC100 working per its Test Utility but the same actions aren't showinng up in HS. Pretty sure I'm running the latest software and firmware. I've been running the GC Debug Logging and there are no entries to help. To get everything working again I've learned to delete the GC Connection Status Block and restart HS.
    I'll appreciate your input.
    Thank you

Update

I learned to reset the connection and get everything working again by deleting the connection block and then disabling and re-abling the plugin - it then builds a new connection block.

My investigation has me leaning towards my problem being a busy Windows 7 machine lossing sockets. I'm reading about keepalive code and trying to envision a solution within HS. I'm thinking about an HS Event to start an application to get some info from my GC100 and then tell me if the application doesn't respond. I'm would appreciate ideas.

I have also submitted tickets to HS and GC, hoping for some discussion on this weird problem.

I consider this a pretty serious reliability issue for the GC plugin and will share what I learn.

Comment

Update

I just leared that there's a GC-Plugin Beta that appears to address my issue. I only use the digital input/outputs on my GC100 and it says there is a firmware issue so they've enhanced the polling. I should add that I only found the description of this Beta when I did a find on GlobalCache in the .../html/updates2/descriptions and have no additional insight to the problem. I haven't heard from HS or GC about my ticket.

Comment

What version of the GC plugin are you now running?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Update

I'm running 4.0.0.7

Comment

Update

HS has provided a new GC Plugin to try - its 4.0.0.8.
            My problem appears have been a plugin problem, something to do with a polling issue with digital I/O on the GC100.
            It appears to have resolved my issue.

Comment

Lost Connection Again

Just notice today that HS wasn't updating from my GC100 again. Disabled the plugin, deleted the connection block and restarted the plugin - alls well again. Worked since 3/27.
              I'm currently running the 4.0.0.9

Comment

Lost Connection Again Update

discovered HS not updating from GC100 again this morning, deleted connection, disabled and re-abled and alls well again

Am I the only one having this problem?

Comment

Does your HS server go into power saving mode or do the serial ports "go to sleep to conserve power"?
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hi
                    Thanks for the help. I checked my machine and the only power savings is the display turning off. I further checked all the power advanced features and found no problems.

I'm only using the relays and sensor inputs on my GC100. For the GC Plugin, I do not have the infrared enabled, other is enabled. My GC100 is connected via ethernet to HS with a static ip address and I do not use the serial ports.

I'll appreciate any insights on how to troubleshoot this?
                    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by GaryA View Post
                      discovered HS not updating from GC100 again this morning, deleted connection, disabled and re-abled and alls well again

Am I the only one having this problem?

I'm having a similar issue. So, you are not alone. I'm running 4.0.0.9 plugin, which by the way may have corrected my memory leak problem.
                      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

discovered HS not updating again this morning. decided to reboot and let everything come up again, instead of just restarting the plugin. upon the restart, everything worked again.
                        I check the system about once aday. I have submitted another Ticket about this to HS.

I'm at a lost on how to troubleshoot this problem and would appreciate any advice.
                        Thank you

Comment

notice it wasn't working today, deleted connection block and restarted plugin to get it working again

Comment

I'm going to put this aside for a while, its down again this morning and I'm frustrated. I'll be waiting for a response to my new HS ticket about this. I'm reading about tools for evaluating connection problems, netcat and nmap.

I believe this problem presents that the GC100 Plugin is too unreliable to continue use for relay and sensor I/O. This problem has disabled a main feature of my HS system.

I'm surprised that I appear to be the only one complaining about this as this has been going on for months in my system. I would also think that GC would be concerned but they have been silent.

Comment

While you are waiting you may want to try the 3rd party GC plugin and see if it works any better.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X