HS2 to HS3 migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 to HS3 migration

Anybody got an easy way to migrate IR codes from the HS2 version of this plugin to the HS3 version?

Thanks -
    - Dennis

This would be extremely helpful, there are so many IR codes.

Comment

Are you referring to the HomeSeer IR Plugin?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Comment

I was not, I'm referring to the 70+ IR codes that I have manually inserted into Homeseer 2. I don't really want to do that all over again in Homeseer3.

Comment

I simply want to bump this thread, as i dont see any response.
          I am desperately hoping tbere is some way to transfer IR codes between HS2 and HS3. So far I've been enjoying my experience with HS3, with the one exception that i need to revert to HS2 to use my custom HSTouch remote control screens. I've attempted to learn the infrared codes in HS3, but this functionality is working terribly for some reason. The only alternative i see at this point is to go about things the way i did in HS2 which will be an 8+ hour project of copying and pasting learned codes from the GlobalCache tool. Please someone offer a better solution!

Comment

For starters do yourselves a favor and just buy UltraJones IRGC plug-in. After I migrated to HS3, I didn't even bother installing the HS IR-PI (a freebie for me). My only regret was I wish I made that decision years ago.

In fact, the UltraJones plug-in was by far, the only process that didn't give me any problems migrating to HS3. If you saved a text file with all your learned IR codes the PI will import these for you saving a ton of work. If you didn't, it's still a better experience.

AND,... you can actually "Edit" your IR codes afterwards. As far I as know, that still hasn't been fixed with the HS3 version.

BTW, I have no affiliation with UltraJones but that was the best dang $40 bucks I've spent in a long time!

Comment

Working...
            X