IR script problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR script problems?

Why won't the following configuration work, everything is up-to-date but the script won't work. Am I missing something.
    Attached Files

This is the area that I get from the log file.

Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR","TV,Power_Off"), init error: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'hs.PluginFunction'

Comment

Firstly I know nothing about the Global Cache plugin at all but the fourth parameter on hs.pluginfunction is an array of objects whereas you are trying to send a single string which it may have problems with. You might have to try something like;

&hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR",New Object(){"TV,Power_Off"})

but it would be better trying to find an example from somewhere.

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work either.

Comment

Is there anything written about scripting in the documentation anywhere?

Comment

IR script problems?

Not that I could find for the global cache.

Comment

I'm afraid you are shooting into the dark then because the functions may have changed names from HS2 and may be expecting different parameters. You might be better off asking someone (via Bugzilla) to update the documentation for scripting.

Comment

IR script problems?

It has changed now I have to figure out exactly how

&hs.sendIR("TV,Power_Off").

This is what worked in HS2

Comment

Originally posted by kdlklm View Post
                  It has changed now I have to figure out exactly how

&hs.sendIR("TV,Power_Off").

This is what worked in HS2
                  There is no such thing as the IR interface (which hs.sendIR uses) anymore in HS3 so each individual plugin will/should have a method of calling a function to send the command. Unfortunately if it is not documented anywhere then the only person who can answer is who has written it or has the source code because the function and parameters could be called absolutely anything.

Comment

Its a homeseer developed plugin isn't it?

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                    There is no such thing as the IR interface (which hs.sendIR uses) anymore in HS3 so each individual plugin will/should have a method of calling a function to send the command. Unfortunately if it is not documented anywhere then the only person who can answer is who has written it or has the source code because the function and parameters could be called absolutely anything.
                    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Working...
                    X