Sensor Inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensor Inputs

Is anyone else having problems with the sensor inputs? I'm using the contact closure sensor to monitor an amplifier that does not have discrete on/off commands, but the status of the sensor does not update all the time. Thanks, Ron

Ron,

How is it wired up? These are not dry contact (current sensing) inputs - they are TTL (5VDC) wet inputs with the logic decision around 2.5V.

I can check the code if it is wired with that knowledge in mind, but confirm it for me first please.

The plug-in is just reacting to a message sent by the GC-100 so it should be pretty reliable.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,

The only sensor that was in stock at the time was the contact closure sensor. I put a 12vdc transformer into the amps switched outlet and wired it to a relay, then wired the relays output to the sensor. The sensor is wired to the relays NO and Com terminals (I did verify that the relay is working and is shorting out the sensor leads). By the way, if I'm using scripting to check if the sensor is on, which command would work best:hs.ison, hs.devicestatus, or hs.devicevalue? Thanks, Ron

Comment

Ron,

I will have to have a look at the code and see if there is anything I can do to help, but I am fairly sure I can't since it depends on the GC-100 notifying me about the sensor change. Perhaps I can add an ancillary poll or something to catch it when the packet from the GC-100 gets lost.

In the meantime, try putting the GC-100 right near the PC and eliminate as much of the other equipment on the network as possible and see if you can sit there and toggle the sensor back and forth from on to off to see how often it gets it. If it does not get it very often, then there must be something in my code that needs fixin'.

As for the status, the On/Off comes from DeviceValuesAdd because the number GC uses did not correspond to HomeSeer's On and Off values. Thus, I would use hs.DeviceValue or hs.DeviceString. hs.IsOn and hs.DeviceStatus definitely will not work since they rely on HomeSeer's definition of Off and On.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X