Control HS with IR using Global Cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control HS with IR using Global Cache?

I'm trying to find a nice way to control my lighting and/or HS events using an IR remote.

I was thinking of using a Global Cache GC-100 and their GC-IRE IR extender that connects to the GC-100 by RS232. Then just using their GC-RG1 IR receiver that plugs into the IR extender.

So my remote shoots out an IR, received by the sensor and converted to RS232, then sent out over ethernet by the GC-100.

Would this setup work or has it worked to control HS?

Find yourself a 2nd hand Squeezebox, only the classic or boom works, buy the squeezebox plugin and off you go
    A received ir signal on the squeezebox can trigger any homeseer event
    255 available ir signals and extremely reliable , In 3 years use, i never experienced a misfire
    You can add as many squuezeboxes as you like and they serve as a great musicserver too; besides that you can display system messages on the squeezebox too

Comment

Originally posted by ceesmf View Post
      Find yourself a 2nd hand Squeezebox, only the classic or boom works, buy the squeezebox plugin and off you go
      A received ir signal on the squeezebox can trigger any homeseer event
      255 available ir signals and extremely reliable , In 3 years use, i never experienced a misfire
      You can add as many squuezeboxes as you like and they serve as a great musicserver too; besides that you can display system messages on the squeezebox too
      WHAT?! Seriously?!

Which Squeezebox devices support this? I have 3 Duets (Receivers) and 3 Radios.

How does this work? I've had squeezeboxes for years, but haven't noticed anything about this. Perhaps I need to pay more attention...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I see... I found a a few classic models on ebay and amazon. It actually says this info for the plug-in on the HS store site, "HomeSeer IR support, i.e. the player can send IR signals to HS2 which can trigger events".

Cool. Used available for around $150 and new for $240. Probably can be had for less though. Thanks for the info, I may go this route.

However after I'm done buying the "classic" and the plug-in I could have bought the Global Cache stuff which I can use for a few more functions that I would like to have. So if anyone still has any input on the function & reliability of the products that I listed at the top, let me know.

Comment

Only Boom and Classic, no Radio or Duet, it can send IR to connected AV equipment too, just connect IR Led to headphone output, load IR-Blaster plugin and "learn" the signals
          Getting the IR signals to the right Squeezebox is a bit tricky, needs manual editting of ini files but with carefully reading the squeezebox plugin documentation , it can be done
          Here (NL) 2nd hand classics are sold between 75 to a 100 USD
          I dont see that the global cache option offers more, probably less because no music player
          and, also important, the author of the Squeezebox plugin gives good support at the board here

Comment

Working...
          X