Global Cache and S-link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache and S-link

I have both an s-link and a global cache, Is it possible to use the com port on the global cache to connect the s-link to my homeseer pc? I have the proper TCP/IP-->Com redirector installed and I get feedback from the s-link when I use Hyperterminal but slink serve will not see it over the emulated com port. The only thing I can think of is the baud rate on the GC-100 is maxed at 19200 and the s-link is running at 38400. Any suggestions?

Scream,

I have to update the GC-100 plug-in to NOT open a port to the serial port on the GC-100. As it stands right now, I suspect that the problem you are having is that the GC-100 plug-in and the port redirector are fighting for the serial port.

You can try disabling the GC-100 plug-in and then see if your port redirector software works. I do not recall for sure, but you might see if the GC-100 built-in configuration page allows you to set the COM port baud rate.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I have turned off the plug-in and still cannot get s-link serve to "see" my slink hardware. The baud rate on my gc-100 is at the max with 19200.

Comment

Well,
        After sending e-mail to Nirvis,Global Cache and Smarthome I am still no closer to "networking" my s-link. I will keep this thread updated with anything new. Does anyone else want to chime in here?

Thanks
        Screamingelectron

Comment

Hello,
          For now I have all but given up on using the gc-100 and an slink device. There seems to be an incompatibality (-sp?)between them.

Later,
          Screamingelectron

Comment

Working...
          X