Itach Wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itach Wifi

So I just got this slick WF2IR unit off ebay and didn't realize the guy wasn't including an IR blaster with it which is exactly what I need. Will any of them out there work or should I get something specific? There is an ITECH flex adapter on Amazon for fourteen bucks..

Also any good resources on device codes? Ilearn is garbage and the codes database provided by Global Cache is not listing anything related to my devices.

Comment

The best source for IR codes that I have found is RemoteCentral. You will have to use the Hex to iTach conversion tool but I had good luck with their site.

http://www.remotecentral.com/index.html

Bob

Comment

In the forums or database?

Comment

Try the link below for the Hex library.

http://files.remotecentral.com/library/3-1/index.html

Bob

Comment

already checked there found nada. Wish the learning worked right on this thing.. After trial and error over 30 minutes with the different strings from the global cache database I can get my receiver to mute, turn off and turn on. Just need to change the inputs then turn off and on my BenQ projector and I'm golden for now.

Comment

It seems like the hole for the ir receiver is a bit to small, so learning codes does not work.
              I disassembled the irtach and enlarged the hole with a plyer.
              Warranty is of course lost.

Comment

So I did the simplest thing and just went to Global Cache's support site. They have a trouble ticketing system and within a few hours responded with a dump of codes for my devices. We went back and forth developing more of what I needed and in the end I got everything. Who would've thought. Now why these codes weren't in their online database is another question. Related to the IR Code learning I have this MCE Blaster and am wondering if there is a windows code scanner that can read the hex codes. Have some IR controlled fans, air conditioners, and eventually projector screen.

Also anyone got a cheap way to wirelessly extend ir to another room?

Comment

Working...
                X