Global Cache and Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache and Projector

So I am running a BENQ W1070 projector (amazing pice of equipment, they are on special at Amazon if anyone is looking) and it requires an off signal be sent twice to shut down meaning if you hit off on the remote it asks you to do it again. I've set up an event to power off the projector and have two sender commends back to back but it doesn't seem to be getting the second one in time like there is a delay. Anyone running into this and found a workaround? The projector is pretty generous, granting 4 seconds or so between ir signals to actually turn off.

Create an event tot send the ir signaal twice?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

In the event, have you tried putting a one or two second delay between the off commands. Works on my JVC projector.

Comment

Yeah I've tried that. It feels like the Global Cache has a delay already but it's inconsistent. I've also separated the thing out into different events and set the projector off event to take priority.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
          So I am running a BENQ W1070 projector (amazing pice of equipment, they are on special at Amazon if anyone is looking) and it requires an off signal be sent twice to shut down meaning if you hit off on the remote it asks you to do it again. I've set up an event to power off the projector and have two sender commends back to back but it doesn't seem to be getting the second one in time like there is a delay. Anyone running into this and found a workaround? The projector is pretty generous, granting 4 seconds or so between ir signals to actually turn off.
          The GlobalCache IR format has a repeat count function built in to the format. Take a look at the API and you'll see it explained. Upping the repeat count may fix the OFF issue in your case.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Excellent! Got a link?

Comment

Excellent! Got a link?
              In on my phone at the moment so don't have it here but Google it. It is very easy to find
              Nicolai L

Comment

it is in Here

Code:
                sendir,connectoraddress,ID,frequency,count,offset,on1,
                off1,on2,off2,….,onN,offN? (where N is less than 128 or a total of 256 numbers)

where;
                <connectoraddress> is as defined in section 1.
                <ID> is |0|1|2|…|65535| (1) (for the completeir command, see below)
                <frequency> is |20000|20001|….|500000| (in hertz)
                <count> is |0|1|2|….|31| (2) (the IR command is sent <count> times)
                <offset> is |1|3|5|….|255| (3) (used if <count> is greater than 1, see below)
                <on1> is |1|2|…|65635| (4) (measured in periods of the carrier frequency)
                <off1> is |1|2|…|65635| (4) (measured in periods of the carrier frequency)
                Greig
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

ok so my code is
                  sendir,1:1,2,38028,1,1,343,172,23,19,22,20,22,19,23,19,23,19 ,23,19,23,19,23,19,23,19,23,20,23,19,23,19,23,61,23,61,23,19 ,22,20,22,19,23,61,23,61,23,61,23,19,23,19,23,61,23,19,23,61 ,22,19,23,19,23,19,23,61,23,61,23,19,23,61,23,1637

Should I be changing the 38028,1 to 38028,2? I tried that up to 10 no dice

Comment

yes that looks correct to me.

Looking at this again has got me thinking that you may be sending the command to fast for the projector to shut down as we have one at work that when you hit the off button you get a confirm pop up on the screen and only then can you hit the off button again to shut it down. Do you get this with the remote?

Try an event with a 4-5 sec delay between the off commands.

Greig.
                    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                      yes that looks correct to me.

Looking at this again has got me thinking that you may be sending the command to fast for the projector to shut down as we have one at work that when you hit the off button you get a confirm pop up on the screen and only then can you hit the off button again to shut it down. Do you get this with the remote?

Try an event with a 4-5 sec delay between the off commands.

Greig.
                      Agreed. It depends on how the device works. In the past some TVs I have come across required the user to hold down the power button on the remote for x seconds for the TV to come on. That I could mirror by changing the repeat function.

If on the other hand your projector literally requires one press, followed by a pause, followed by a second press then you'd need to use the suggestion above with an event with multiple presses with a delay in between
                      Nicolai L

Comment

On the remote I can press the off button twice in rapid succession. It feels like either homeseer, the plugin or the unit can't process the commands fast enough. Did try adding a one second delay and it magnified the issue. This one thing is almost my whole reason for the global cache to make sure I don't leave it on. Opened a ticket with them also to get help on modifying the command string..if this doesn't work I'll do a Bluetooth / wifi to serial dongle

Comment

On the remote I can press the off button twice in rapid succession. It feels like either homeseer, the plugin or the unit can't process the commands fast enough. Did try adding a one second delay and it magnified the issue. This one thing is almost my whole reason for the global cache to make sure I don't leave it on. Opened a ticket with them also to get help on modifying the command string..if this doesn't work I'll do a Bluetooth / wifi to serial dongle
                          Two things you could try:

1) Use Ultra's GCIR plug-in, although that would ultimately result in you purchasing a license

2) See if you can get hold of any discrete on/off codes. The manufacturer might give them to you or you can check remotecentral.com to see if they are listed there.
                          Nicolai L

Comment

I couldn't get discrete codes but the above came from global cache support. Yah I'll try that plugin if they can come up with a resolution if it works the cost would be the same as a serial adapter. Can't tell you how cool it is to walk into the den and say energize and it all powers up. Hey side question I have an ir controlled fan any potential of interfacing that? Ir learn doesn't work but I have a mce remote and adapter is there a windows utility that I can use to pull codes from the remote?

Comment

Hey side question I have an ir controlled fan any potential of interfacing that? Ir learn doesn't work but I have a mce remote and adapter is there a windows utility that I can use to pull codes from the remote?
                              That's a hard question without more detail on the fan. However, if it's anything like an HVAC unit those remote codes can be impossible to learn.

What do you mean you have an mce remote and adapter?
                              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                              X