GlobalCache iTach help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GlobalCache iTach help

Hi! I'm trying to script some IR commands to send from my iTach to my home theater receiver, specifically, volume control. I have scripted a series of commands to turn the unit on, turn the TV on and then calibrate the volume by taking it down more than the receiver could be turned up to, then bring the volume back up to a pre-determined level.

Here's the problem... The most I can get the volume to go down is in jumps of 10 units on the receiver. Sometimes it could be up as high as 60, but that's my max. I have had to create an event that sends the IR command for "Volume Down 10" 6 times. Unfortunately, because it's an event, it bogs my entire automation system down while it's doing it. I would prefer to script this action, but can't seem to figure out the syntax to use to control the GlobalCache plugin properly. Everything I have tried has resulted in errors in the log.

I'm not well-versed in vb.net, but can do regular vb all-day. Anyone know what the regular vb syntax might be to do such a thing?
Working...
X