HS3 Global Cache Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Global Cache Plugin

I have been using the plugin (5.0.0.7) for quite some time to control a couple of relay switches.

Now I am trying figure out the IR section. My device (GC-100-12) has 6 IR ports. I want use them to send some signals for a couple of pieces of equipment (tv, etc.)

I don't have way to learn codes with the unit that I have but I do have access to their database of codes
    https://irdatabase.globalcache.com/irdatabase.htm

When I create a code and fill out the details, I am a little unclear of a couple things that I was hoping someone here could clarify.

1. The signal name, brand, device, and model all are self explanatory, However is the function field just another description field or is there some funtions I should be entering there. I have assumed the former

2. For the IR code... should I just copy and paste the IR code from the above website in it's entirety? for example

sendir,4:1,1,38343,1,1,343,172,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22 ,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65 ,21,65,21,65,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22 ,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,65,21,4907

or should I be removing the sendir,4:1, part?

3. If I am already specifying which node I am sending too why must I again specify a node (1-6)?

No matter what I do I always get a "Test is unsuccessful" when I test the code.

One more thing, I am also assuming that I need to configure each IR Port as an IR blaster port (Not IR, or Sensor). Can someone please confirm?

Comment

I started with the Global Casch Plugin and could not get the Codes I needed, also wanted to use IR Input for triggering. I then installed the UltraGCIR3 plugin and have had great success with it. I do know that the 4.1 needs to be there with the code as id for the channel and output.

Comment

So I was able to get things to work although there is a 5 to 10 second delay from when the button is pressed to the actual code being sent.

I think my issue was with the ir blaster I had.

Also my Assumptions for #1 and #2 are correct. And for #3 I am still not sure however you must specify the IR port to send

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
          So I was able to get things to work although there is a 5 to 10 second delay from when the button is pressed to the actual code being sent.

I think my issue was with the ir blaster I had.

Also my Assumptions for #1 and #2 are correct. And for #3 I am still not sure however you must specify the IR port to send
          As far as I know with the Ultra Plugin, the device is set up as the first 3 IR Ports are channel 4:1, 4:2, 4:3, and the last 3 are 5:1, 5:2, 5:3. So you need to specify the channel and port (ie 4:1 for the first output, 4:2 for the second output and so on)

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
            As far as I know with the Ultra Plugin, the device is set up as the first 3 IR Ports are channel 4:1, 4:2, 4:3, and the last 3 are 5:1, 5:2, 5:3. So you need to specify the channel and port (ie 4:1 for the first output, 4:2 for the second output and so on)
            Yes, you are correct. After logging into the GC100's web page I was able to gather that. The counter intuitive thing that I was noting was the fact that you have to specify the port in the code and then specify again in homeseer which port to send the command.

Just didn't add up for me.

Comment

Working...
            X